obd?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

i have a 1st gen. b16a longblock going into 92 civic hb. will it be obd1? i thought it was going to be obd1 but the obd1 distributor off my sohc doesnt fit? wut the shyt is this? :huh: so far swapin the h22 has been easier for me believe it or not

ok it is obd1 the reason that it doesnt fit is its two totwlly different motor setups one is a b-series and one is a d-seriesthat is your main problem so get yourseslf a b-series distributor and you should be set

not all first gen b16a swaps are obd1, as far as i know actually they are all obd0.

but the obd is not really your problem with the distributor, you just need to find a dohc vtec distributor.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Sep 17 2003, 11:34 AM
not all first gen b16a swaps are obd1, as far as i know actually they are all obd0.

but the obd is not really your problem with the distributor, you just need to find a dohc vtec distributor.

1st gen B16A's are obd0, which is what You have. OBD distribs DO matter, I beleive OBD0 distribs have white somehere on them.

D series (what u had) and B series (what you will have) parts are not interchangeable.

Afipunk21 Posted on Sep 17 2003, 11:42 AM
QUOTE (saturn_boy96 @ Sep 17 2003, 11:34 AM)

1st gen B16A's are obd0, which is what You have. OBD distribs DO matter, I beleive OBD0 distribs have white somehere on them.

sorry i should have been more clear. b-series vtec distributors will fit on b-series vtec heads, sometimes you will have to change the plugs on them to get them to the right obd, the only exception is obd2b vtec distributors which have one less wire than the rest.

Back