obd0 dohc in 89 integra distributor question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89hatchd15b

now its a 91
So I was planning on using the distributor from the Integra on the dohc zc but the bolt holes don't line up, can I "make it fit" or should I use the dohc zc one? I don't want to do that because they just cut the wires and it is also vacuum operated and I am planning on using the intake from the integra too. Hopefully someone can help tonight or I just do it and see what happens....

I have an obd0 dohc zc engine. That I am putting in a 89 integra. The zc distributor is different from the d16a1 distributor, plugs and bolt "tangs" as well as overall size. The zc distributor also has vacuum lines going to it from the intake manifold. If I am going to put the d16a1 distributor on the the dohc I have to modify the bolt holes to make it work, so my question is will this work?

did alot more searching and found out i need one from 86-87 integra. think I am going to try and modify the 89 one that I have unless someone know this will not work

the 84-87 JDM DOHC ZC and the 86-87 USDM D16A1 use a vacuum advance distributor which will not work on the 88-91 DOHC ZC or 88-89 D16A1 engine - not just the fit, but also won't work with the 88-89 PG7 ECU - you can use the 88-89 distributor, if you are comfortable with only one bolt holding the distributor to the head, by swapping the #6 intake camshaft bearing cap from the 88-89 D16A1 onto the ZC head - trying to use the vacuum advance distributor will probably be a nightmare as you would need to use the 86-87 PG7 ECU, the external coil, the ignition control solenoid valve and make a lot of wiring changes - if it were mine, i would swap the 89 head onto the ZC and use the ZC camshafts, the 89 distributor and the 89 cylinder sensor

this shows the difference in the heads (the picture says crank angle sensor which is not correct - should say cylinder sensor):

distholes.jpg

Last edited:
Yea found that out, I was doing this swap for a friend that doesn't know crap about cars. He said he got the right engine and obviously he didn't. I got it in the car and done around midnight last night for him, I did what you are suggesting about moving the camshaft bearings. Just hope it seals good. Glad to see I was thinking down the right path. Thanks!!

Back