OBD0 Exhaust Manifold Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrokenRex

So my problem (for now, i'll have plenty more later) is with the exhaust manifold on my obd0 b16 swap. the swap was in some guys civic before he wrecked it. the exhaust manifold he gave me with the swap is the one with the O2 sensor near the cat, not the two in the manifold like the obd0 should be. I cant seem to find an old b16 manifold on ebay/craigslist/etc. stock or otherwise. how should i get this to all work out? i was thinking of trimming the heat shield on the manifold that i got and drilling/welding in two O2 bungs, but that's a lot of work, and i dont have the tools to drill a hole that large, or a welder for that matter. maybe buy a cheap aftermarket 4-2-1 and drill that?
does anyone have an odb0 b16 exhaust manifold they'd be willing to sell me?

k... I forgot to mention that I prefer to not drive my car around with a check engine light on. the obd0 b16, unlike any other b-series engine, uses two o2 sensors in the back of the exhaust manifold, even switching the twos' plugs around can cause the car to run poorly and cause a CEL. any other suggestions?

Muffler shop can do the drilling and welding on that fitting for o2's.

yeah, shortly after i posted this i realized how obvious of a solution that is. out of shame, i refused to post that i had solved my problem with a $20 trip to my local speed shop.

Back