obd0 into si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YnotJDM

Hey guys I dont have a lot of cash to spend and need a motor asap so I was thinking about ordering the b16a obd0 to replace my b16a2. I was wondering what I will need to do in order to make this swap run correctly.

Going to an older motor is not going to get you ref'd in Cali. You need at least a motor that is within the same OBD as your current setup.

It may suck, but your best bet is to either find another OBD2 B16, or go for the D-swap. Check with your DMV laws and see what you can do.

Check your local forums and Craigslist. Salvage what you can off your motor, and piece together the parts you need to get another B16 in there.

Im not too worried about getting it ref'd, i just hope i dont get caught haha. But i did find out that the obd0 comes with a cable tranny where as the obd1 b16a comes with hydro so id need to go with the obd1, but i still cant seem to figure out if anything needs to be changed out. If i run my ecu then im thinking everything should work just fine, but i want to be sure.

so should i go ahead and get the obd0? i wanna know if im using my ecu and wiring harness, basically all im changing is the engine, will everything work perfectly, or is there modifications that i need to do to the new engine

You will need to use the ECU that goes with the motor. As for the wiring, I would assume you need a conversion harness to go from OBD2 to OBD0.

IMO, if you insist upon going down this route, is to convert to OBD1 and get it tuned.

Just ordered my motor from hmotorsonline..the guy said all I gotta do is use my intake manifold, crank sensor, and rewire the distributor. He said the obd0 would work the same but i went with the obd1. Hopefully this helps anyone else with the same question.

HMotors is a good bunch of people. They provide good customer service and usually can answer any questions that people have.

Good luck with your swap. Let us know how it goes.

Back