OBD0 or OBD1? Have parts for just about either!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vizzion

I have a 96B18b and am planning on putting it in my 88CRXSI But there is a problem the motor I have is OBD1 or is it? Well some people say it would be better for me to go OBD1 than OB0! But don't know what to go with really! By the way the 96B18b has already on the block Dizzy,Intake manifold,Fuel rail etc.,vacuum hoses,well to cut it short it has everything including the Engine harness. I do also have a OBD0 Integra Intake manifold and engine harness,fuel rail etc. everything. What do ya'll think I should do OBD0 or OBD1? Also which would need other parts,if possible could ya'll elaborate the parts list for me. I would appreciate it. Also which OBD Setup would be best for future performance upgrades.

I say OBD1 there is way more ecu support, just in case you want to boost and go hondata, or go N/A and do hondata, or some other similar system. OBD1 maps are slightly better and more people do tuning for them. There is some good OBD0 tuning, but nowhere near the amount that OBD1 has.

Yeah your right B16RacerN2NR :spin: it is OBD-2! Is obd1 possible with what I have! Or do I need any further parts!

you need injectors and a distributor for obd1. Yes it should all be possible. However I am not sure about things like the alternator plugs and what not.

if you are going obd1 you can keep those injectors you have just splice the injector subharness into your stock si.....you would have to more or less do this anyways..as far as the alternator its just a simple splice job...your real work is at the ecu... http://www.boomslang.us/obd0.htm go there and make it easy on yourself or heres another http://locashracing.com/store/product_info...?products_id=39 i was broke when i did my obd0 to obd1 swap and i built mine out of a busted ecu and obd1 plugs from a 92 four door.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@May 14 2004, 12:59 AM
you need injectors and a distributor for obd1. Yes it should all be possible. However I am not sure about things like the alternator plugs and what not.

not really, all you need to do is use the obd2 injector plug/clips and wire them into the harness just as you would using obd1 ones, and use obd 1 dizzy plugs (both harness and dizzy side) and repin the wires as they are found on the obd 1 dizzy, the only difference between obd1 dizzy and obd2 dizzy is the number of plugs, but you will need the jumper harness (or build one but id just buy it) and use the 4 wire o2 sensor off the obd 2 setup

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@May 14 2004, 03:59 AM

Tell ya'll what I just remembered that I also have a OBD1 Intake Manifold,Fuel rail,injectors throttlebody etc. ,Engine harness! I pretty much have Intake Manifold,TB, Fuel rail,injectors,Engine harness for OB0,OBD1,OBD2.

sweet if you want to know what exactly you need to do pm me....ive done seveal dpfi to mpfi swaps....and the route you will have to take is quite similar

Back