obd0 zc cable tranny onto obd1 sohc vtec d15b engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EGCoupeVtec

SOHC VTEC at its best
title says it all. my brother in law is going to get a obd1 d15b and i need to know if the sohc zc cable tranny will hook to it. OR is there anyway to get from cable clutch to actuate a hydro tranny. thanks

what year and model car is this in? what engine is the D15B replacing? is this a ZC L3 transmission, with intermediate shaft and equal length axles?

typically, the 88-91 L3 cable clutch transmission will bolt right up to any of the 88 and up SOHC D-series engines - just need to make sure that the clutch matches the transmission - the ZC transmission which uses the intermediate shaft and equal length axles doesn't work with the D15B, as there is no place to bolt the intermediate shaft to the block

its a 90 dx hatch. i didn't know that there was different zc trannies that had equal and unequal axles. the tranny is whatever one that H Motors Online would sell. probably the one with equal length axles. they said that it wouldn't work and that we would need to find a crx si transmission out of a junkyard to go with it that they didn't sell the proper cable tranny to work with that engine.

do u know if you can use the unequal axles in the zc transmission? bc the zc wouldn't come with axles anyway.

Back