obd1 b16 swap in 91 crx si help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sik yellow rex

ok i swapped an obd1 b16 into my si! used a boomslang harness converter and pr3 ecu.'''' the motor will start on occasion and run eratically jumping rpm revs!and other times it will idle smoothly. but when it starts to run erraticaly it will eventually after dyeing and restarting several times. get to the point where it wont start at all! like it is cutting the main relay out,, i have gone through seven different main relays. and it gets to a point to where it seens like the relay is shot!also when it is running rough the main relay chatters''''''any help would be greatly appreciated! i have checked and rechecked wireing!!!!! all seems to be wired correct. what can be the problem HELP PLEASE? ALSO THE MAIN RELAYS ARE NOT GOING TO HELL BECAUSE AT ONE POINT THE RELAY SEEMS LIKE IT DOES NOT WORK. so i swap in an old relay and it will statrt the car! the pr3 ecu has been socketed and chipped. was this way when i got it from japan.

vacume has also been gone through over and over! my boy wants me to bring it too his shop. but i am thinking it gotta be something simple'' and i would hate to pay shop rates for trouble shooting that could be costly!

iratic idling could be the water temp sensor, but more than likely it'd be throwing a cel. but not if it's still "within parameters".

i had same problem it was the ground on top of the tranny make sure its really good it stumped the hell out of me i didnt think a little problem like that would cause such a problem but it took me three days to find it

make sure your ground surfaces are clean sandpaper works can fix many things. it fixed my buddy's gsr

haha, call me at Rywire, there's too much to ask and explain to do a question a day.

peter you are the shit the guys at rywire are the bomb hooked it up and it runs like a charm now still have a little vacume leak but nothing major you have brought my car to life me and the rex thank you for this now i can tie up all the loose end and see how she drives thanks again

Back