obd1 cel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

josh352727

I have a cel on and the engine wont rev past 3000 rpm. So I checked the cel by taking a jumper wire and grounding d4 (correct?). So I got code 14 or iac valve. So would a bad iac valve cause engine not to rev past 3000.

Obd2 gsr w/ obd1 p72 in a ef.

i suppose its possible, although i havent personally seen it happen before. code 14 can either mean iacv or bad ecm.. which would not be good. i'm not sure how you would go about testing that without swapping to another known good ecu and see if you still get the cel. Is your iac functioning properly as far as you can tell. is the idle all over the place, or no

Idle seems ok, however when I unplug the iacv there isnt really a change in idle speed. When I put power to the iacv manually with a battery it does click. Yeah I need to find a good ecm and check. Could I check with any obd1 ecm or does it have to be a p72?

you can check with any vtec ecu ya can use a p28 but you cant run it long on it uses lot less fuel

Back