obd1 injectors?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
I am going to swap a b16a3 into my crx and want to keep the motor obd1 so I dont have to swap out ecu, dist, and injectors. I am getting a wiring harness from locash racing. but i dont think that it covers the injectors. so my qustion is (1). do I need to get rid of my resistor box if I am using my obd1 ecu. (2) best way to wire for the obd1 injectors? should I just cut the plugs off and splice them?

If you have a resistor box you have a obd0 ecu so you are going to have change that to a obd1 ecu and right remove the resistor box, what do you mean by cut plugs off you definately don't want to cut the plugs off especially the injectior plugs. You are going to need saturated injectors to run obd1 yours should be peak and hold. I took the power wire to the resistor box and each injector wire running to the resistor box or the rest of the wires and powerd up the injectors when I was running saturated. Iwent back to peak and hold, you should stay obdo and find away to run vtec and use your existing harness. Man you might need some help it sounds like you don't really know what you are doing I mean you have to learn but don't fuck yourself or the motor in the process.

Originally posted by darien234@Jan 5 2005, 03:20 PM
If you have a resistor box you have a obd0 ecu so you are going to have change that to a obd1 ecu and right remove the resistor box, what do you mean by cut plugs off you definately don't want to cut the plugs off especially the injectior plugs. You are going to need saturated injectors to run obd1 yours should be peak and hold.  I took the power wire to the resistor box and each injector wire running to the resistor box or the rest of the wires and powerd up the injectors when I was running saturated. Iwent back to peak and hold, you should stay obdo and find away to run vtec and use your existing harness. Man you might need some help it sounds like you don't really know what you are doing I mean you have to learn but don't fuck yourself or the motor in the process.
[post=441559]Quoted post[/post]​

right now my motor is in a 94 civic ex, I bought the car with the swap in it so that way I could swap the motor into my crx. the crx is stock and the ecu is obd0. The ecu in the civic used to be a chipped p28 and now I have a p30 in the car both obd1. the motor is a b16a3 out of a delsol. so what I am trying to do is to take the complete swap out of the civic and put it into the crx without having to shell out more money for another ecu, dist., injectors. and from what I understand is that I can make my crx obd1 and use my existing ecu,dist. and buy getting the wiring adapter kit from locash racing. and the injectors I have im not sure about the saturated or not, all i know is that they are odb1 venom injectors that my room mate bought for his 99 civic si and he ordered the wrong injectors he got obd1 instead of obd2. and your right I dont know what I am doing thats why I am trying to get all my infromation first before I even start the swap. if I have to go with obd0 than I have no other choice. but I would like to run odb1 I just thought it would be easier to run the obd1. so I am in need of some serious help with this swap.

Originally posted by ripperbone+Jan 5 2005, 06:07 PM-->
darien234
@Jan 5 2005, 03:20 PM
If you have a resistor box you have a obd0 ecu so you are going to have change that to a obd1 ecu and right remove the resistor box, what do you mean by cut plugs off you definately don't want to cut the plugs off especially the injectior plugs. You are going to need saturated injectors to run obd1 yours should be peak and hold.  I took the power wire to the resistor box and each injector wire running to the resistor box or the rest of the wires and powerd up the injectors when I was running saturated. Iwent back to peak and hold, you should stay obdo and find away to run vtec and use your existing harness. Man you might need some help it sounds like you don't really know what you are doing I mean you have to learn but don't fuck yourself or the motor in the process.

right now my motor is in a 94 civic ex, I bought the car with the swap in it so that way I could swap the motor into my crx. the crx is stock and the ecu is obd0. The ecu in the civic used to be a chipped p28 and now I have a p30 in the car both obd1. the motor is a b16a3 out of a delsol. so what I am trying to do is to take the complete swap out of the civic and put it into the crx without having to shell out more money for another ecu, dist., injectors. and from what I understand is that I can make my crx obd1 and use my existing ecu,dist. and buy getting the wiring adapter kit from locash racing. and the injectors I have im not sure about the saturated or not, all i know is that they are odb1 venom injectors that my room mate bought for his 99 civic si and he ordered the wrong injectors he got obd1 instead of obd2. and your right I dont know what I am doing thats why I am trying to get all my infromation first before I even start the swap. if I have to go with obd0 than I have no other choice. but I would like to run odb1 I just thought it would be easier to run the obd1. so I am in need of some serious help with this swap.
[post=441603]Quoted post[/post]​

Going obd0 all you might need is the dizzy unless the CRX is a dpfi if not the injectors you have will work. if you go obd1 you will need the harness complete with the ECU connectors as well, or a jumper harness. You also have to find away to plug up those connecters on the driverside of the car obd0 has white plugs obd1 has grey ones and highly suggest don't try and cut those. I don't know what kind harness you are getting from locash, is it straight plug and play I never brought a harness before. If it is this swap is easy you will need mounts and cable tranny.

Originally posted by darien234+Jan 6 2005, 09:40 AM-->
Originally posted by ripperbone@Jan 5 2005, 06:07 PM
darien234
@Jan 5 2005, 03:20 PM

[post=441603]Quoted post[/post]​

Going obd0 all you might need is the dizzy unless the CRX is a dpfi if not the injectors you have will work. if you go obd1 you will need the harness complete with the ECU connectors as well, or a jumper harness. You also have to find away to plug up those connecters on the driverside of the car obd0 has white plugs obd1 has grey ones and highly suggest don't try and cut those. I don't know what kind harness you are getting from locash, is it straight plug and play I never brought a harness before. If it is this swap is easy you will need mounts and cable tranny.
[post=441970]Quoted post[/post]​

the wiring harness from locash has the obd0 to obd1 ecu wiring kit, and has a wiring kit for the engine for vtec, knock sensor, and 4 wire o2. and has a dist. conversion that plugs into obd0 plugs on the car harness to obd1 plug on the dist. its a nice put together kit. i have mounts on the way, I have been looking for a cable tranny around colorado, but its looking like I am going to have to use my hydro tranny which means I have to get the cable to hydro conversion kit from hasport.

you guys dont have to reply for everything go to the bottom of the page and click fast reply......its easier to read....

Post on hondaswap that you are looking for a tranny someone should be able to help you.

Alright so I emailed locash racing, and got a response. It was from Joe, So I am thinking that it was from Joe Locash himself. and I ask the same thing I asked early in this post. so here is the answer he gave me. I could either use the obd0 injectors and not mess with the wiring on the injectors, or use the plugs from my 94 civic and use the obd1 injectors and wire the plugs into my existing wiring harness.When I do order my obd1 to obd0 ecu adapter from him, he is going to throw in a plug to use so i can bypass the resistor box. So now when I go to wire the b16 into my crx it will pretty much be plug and play, except have to wire in the obd1 injector plugs into the existing harness. A Special thanks gos out to Joe Locash for helping me out. :worthy:

I ran obd1 plugs before but I did not use a plug I just took out the resistor box and powered up the saturated injectors. What else does locash have, imight have to hit this guy up. I want one of those jumper harness anyways.

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jan 5 2005, 03:10 PM
I am going to swap a b16a3 into my crx and want to keep the motor obd1 so I dont have to swap out ecu, dist, and injectors. I am getting a wiring harness from locash racing. but i dont think that it covers the injectors. so my qustion is (1). do I need to get rid of my resistor box if I am using my obd1 ecu. (2) best way to wire for the obd1 injectors? should I just cut the plugs off and splice them?
[post=441530]Quoted post[/post]​

Did the OBD1 swap come with an engine harness? If it did, there is your vtec connectors, etc. To answer your injector questions, you can either keep the OBD0 injectors, but to do this you will need to keep the resistor box wired to the OBD0 injectors. If you want to run the OBD1 injectors, you will need to remove the resistor box and solder the 5 wires together at the plug or use the OBD1/2 junction connector. Basically you will need to close the circuit.

The OBD of the ecu does care what OBD injectors you are running. Let me know if I can help out any more. I will not be undersold and will save you some cash to spend on other things.

Jason
OBD Conversion Harnesses
www.JKobdconversionharness.com

the b16a3 swap I have came in a 94 civic ex I bought for $600. who ever swap it into the civic did a horrible job and I am planning on getting rid of the civic shell when I am done. I could use the wiring out of the civic, just I dont want to spend a lot of time wiring up the crx, so I was figuringon using a conversion harness instead of wiring the whole car. plus the harness I was look at had all the plugs for vtec and a conversion to use my odb1 dist, and plug it into my obd0 harness, I was looking at how I am going to do my injectors, I am going to run my odb1 injectors, so I have to buy pass the resistor box.

Back