OBD1 LS Motor and ECU in 99 Civic LX...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlidewayzFC

Hey everyone, I've searched as hard as possible and ran into many great archives (which I've saved to my favorites, great job guys!! :) ) So anywayz here's the deal
1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr.
-OBD1 LS motor
-OBD1 LS ecu
-using the stock LX wiring harness
-Skunk2 OBD2 - OBD1 conversion harness

I have the OBD1 dizzy in the motor and I have the OBD1 plugs spliced onto the LX harness, so the dizzy and the harness plugs right in, but I have an extra wire hanging from the LX harness which is a blue wire and I'm pretty sure its the RPM signal wire becuz when I start the car the Tach doesn't work. So here's the challenge where do I splice that wire into?? The local shop told me to go str8 to the ecu with that wire but I can't find the correct ecu pin out for the OBD1 LS ecu... can u guys help me??

well here is the deal first from what i was tought the obd1 dizzy is not going to run right my friend tried it and for some reason it set a rev limiter at like 3300 and the injectors you are better of using your 99 lx injectors so i would look for a dizzy from a 99-00 on an integra the injectors from your 99 are 240cc just like the ones from the ls motor and you are on the right track but from what i understand i would change the dizzy

:no:

don't listen to any of that.

the blue/grey stripe wire is the tach wire in 98% of cars.
Run that wire to the ecu to pin B13 on your stock harness obd2b, A21 on the obd1 side of the obd1 ecu/harness and is most likely a red/green wire by the ecu. That's the ICM pin.

once that is ran, you should have a wokring tach.

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll try it out later on tonight and I'll let you guys know what happens just in case someone else runs into the same problem... Thanks again.

Back