obd1 motor into obd2 chassis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c1coupe

i have a complete b18c1 thats obd1 the engine and harness and ecu is obd1 what will i have to do to get it running good in my 98 ex...so far onlything that i can think id have to do is a get a jumper harness for the motorside wiring

it is illegal to convert a car to a previous OBD
depending on where you are located you could end up with a car that is no longer road legal

the plugs for the injectors, distributor, and alternator are different between OBD-1 and OBD-2
swapping those plugs or parts will have you good ont he engine harness side

you will (may) also need to lengthen a few wires to reach on the B series

then you will need a conversion harness to plug in the OBD-1 ECU to the OBD-2 ECU harness in the car

but as i said if your state has or ever gets emissions testing you are fucked

1. Reuse your injectors (they're the same CC) or just remove the blue piece from the inside of your OBD2 injector plug and the B18's injector will fit
2. Swap the internals from your old distributor into your new one or get a distributor adapter harness or get an OBD2 distributor from a DOHC VTEC B-series engine
3. You can swap the plug off your D series alternator and bolt it onto the B series alternator.
4. Wire up the IAB's

Back