OBD1 or OBD0, Hydro or cable tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

friz

I pretty much had my mind set to do a OBD0 B16a swap into the 89 CRX. Well of course after researching here I may do some thing different. What would the down side be to getting an SiR II swap from hmotors and doing the OBD1 and hydro tranny from the get go? Is this to many things to deal with at once? I like the idea of having all of the parts interchangable with my SiR II 93 sedan. Let me know what you think?

obd1 is no problem,,rywire has the conversion harness,,
now going from cable to hydro is kinda iffy,,you will need to get the cable-hydro conversion which is kinda expensive,,
look at an ls cable tranny compared to an ls hydro tranny pricewise...
junkyards around here want around 250 for cable and 750 for hydro

so cable is cheaper,

I rolled a 91 LS teg trans with my LSvtec in my crx, ran great. i recommend that as well.

if you want to keep everything compatible, then it's like everyone said, it's going to cost you more... you could, however, get the obd1 swap, then go buy a used 90ls trans and put that in your rex, along with the obd1 conversion. that trans will work with the ef clutch cable. save the hydro trans for your eg, so if you ever needed to, all you'd need is to swap the trans and it's all compatible. you should take note however, that the hydro and cable trans require a different trans mount. not that it matters, since eg's and ef's require different mounts, but just FYI.

you can do more with obd1, and the engine is slightly better on the sirII. but you should weigh it against how much money you want to spend.

Why not just stick with the cable set up and convert over to obd-1? Also, is there a reason you wanna convert over to obd-1? For a wider range of tuning possibilities, then yeah, i'd say do it, but just to have obd-1 it would be pointless...

Back