Obd2 B18b Eg Wiring Help Needed Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nwisehart

I am doing an obd2 b18b1 engine swap in my 1992 civic and I was wondering what wires need to be added or swapped. I am running an obd1 pr4 ecu also. I see that the ecu doesnt have a knock sensor and neither does he engine so that eliminates that wire. Do i need to run the wires for the evap purge power and the evap purge solenoid. I cant find any reference that tells me exactly what to do. All the resources that i have found are for an obd2 b18c1 in an eg, and not an obd2 b18b1 in an EG. From what I have read the B18b1 doesnt have the IAB either. Please correct me if I am wrong on anything and please steer me in the right direction.

ok do this-

remove old engine wire harness from the connectors at the shock towers

plug pr4 ecu into your (civic) wiring harness inside the car

drop teg motor in

plug all the plugs to the exisiting firewall wire harness, at the point where you removed the connectors of the old wire harness

there will be a couple plugs on the driver side left hanging, dont worry about those

the sensor on top of the IM, you can either plug the connector in or leave it hanging, it doesnt matter

same goes for the hoses that are just hanging there

fire the motor up and begin saving for a turbocharger ;)

good luck :)

Its that easy huh. Man I have been searching for weeks now. Thanks a lot. That must be why there arent many resources for this exact swap, because there is nothing to it. Thanks

Back