OBD2 chips?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

Do they make them other than the aem plug and play phsyical chip's

aem is not a chip. its a whole ecu.

obd2 chips are non-existant as far as i know due to the scan-tool plug in features that obd2 offers.

the chips can be made, but single write chips cost nearly 600 dollars each.. it's just not cost effective

Correction: 66P507 chips for OBD2A (96-98) cost between $37 and $60 depending on where you buy them and how many you purchase. In addition to the chip you must purchase or build a programmer, and find a program. This isn't that tricky, but its not cake like OBD0/OBD1. The parts are One-Time-Programmable, and are pretty much a waste of money as far as I'm concerned.

A lot of the OBD2B ECUs (99-01) use the 66589, which has a pin-compatible flash replacement, the 66Q589. There are pictures of a Mugen N1 CTR-ish ECU on PGMFI that features a 66Q589 and the electronics neccessary to flash it.

I believe there are a handful of programs in some corner of PGMFI... Prob OBD2 section. The schematics for the programmer are also there.

OBD2 for the most part is a waste of time, at least now.

Back