obd2 engine into an obd1 chassis help please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

want to put a obd2 b18b motor in a obd1 chassis and use an obd1 computer with it. I have the ob1 harness from my original motor i am just picking up an engine with less km on the odometer. So what exactly needs to be changed to work with the obd1 computer . The injectors ? the intake manifold ? i know about the distributer , but thats easy to convert, i can just take the harness off my old one. Let me know guys , i know someone has done this.

Just to make this clear it is an 2000 b18b going into a 1995 integra.

The manifold is fine, the injectors won't work(if you have your civic injectors they are the same), a few of the sensors and plugs are different but they can be rewired. Its not that hard.

I dont know what you are talking about refering to civic injectors, this is a 2000 b18b going into my 1995 integra which already has a b18b but is obd1 , someone must know all the differences between the two engines.

Quoted post[/post]]
I dont know what you are talking about refering to civic injectors, this is a 2000 b18b going into my 1995 integra which already has a b18b but is obd1 , someone must know all the differences between the two engines.

Easiest way: use the obd2 integra harness and everthing _should_ plug in fine.

Otherwise, swap the injectors,alternator and distributor from the obd1 b18 to the obd2.

[/quote]

Easiest way: use the obd2 integra harness and everthing _should_ plug in fine.

Otherwise, swap the injectors,alternator and distributor from the obd1 b18 to the obd2.
[/quote]

i looked into it and the connectors to the computer are different on obd2 computers than they are on obd1 comps ........ so i dont see this working. Anyone else know the exact things that need to be done ?

Quoted post[/post]]
i looked into it and the connectors to the computer are different on obd2 computers than they are on obd1 comps ........ so i dont see this working. Anyone else know the exact things that need to be done ?
Yea, no one told you that you could use the obd2 computer.
You will have to use the obd1 ecu and use the obd2 integra harness.

would those be those three big grey connectors ? on the passenger side , and then i think there are a couple more on the drivers side ... both at the shock towers. Those didnt change between obd1 and obd2 ?

well if thats the case i thank you in advance for your help , it is greatly appreciated. By plugging into those connectors i can use all the obd2 stuff right , like the alternator , distributer , injectors ect right ?

JUst drop the engine in...

Theres no reason to swap injectors or what not...
The plugs are all the same in both harness.

All you need is a p75 obd1 ecu and youre all set.

Good Luck! :)

Quoted post[/post]]
The manifold is fine, the injectors won't work(if you have your civic injectors they are the same), a few of the sensors and plugs are different but they can be rewired. Its not that hard.

wtf are you talking about? :eek:

Back