Obd2 Gsr Into Obd1 Eg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smurf bnms

Hey. I just picked up a B18C1 motor for my EG. The problem is that it is an OBD2 motor. Now I know it's "easy" enough to make it work in the car. The question I have is what do I need to do to run the engine off an OBD1 Hondata S200 system? Do I need one of those conversion harnesses or what? Will the distributor, injectors, and other stuff need to be converted to the OBD1 equivilents? I'm not sure if this should be in the Hybrid forum..I searched for other threads but I couldnt find one that answered this. Any help would be great. Thanks

just convert the engine to obd1, you will need a obd1 distributor, obd1 injectors (maybe), and obd1 harness to use for spare plugs....

Convert nothing.

It's plug and play. Find yourself a OBD1 GSR ecu and call it a day.

Those that tell you to convert have never done the swap, or were told incorrectly when they did theirs.

So I can just get my Hondata and be done w/ it? Sweet. Can you reccommend what ecu to run? I'm leaning towards the P28. Btw I'm getting a Skunk2 Intake manifold, so I dont need to control the secondary runner butterfly.

Originally posted by smurf bnms@Jun 17 2003, 06:23 PM
So I can just get my Hondata and be done w/ it? Sweet. Can you reccommend what ecu to run? I'm leaning towards the P28. Btw I'm getting a Skunk2 Intake manifold, so I dont need to control the secondary runner butterfly.

Why do you ask questions of which you already know the answer.

-Magneto- "X-men"

Thanks for the link. I guess I should have looked for that before posting...

Back