OBD2 on Civic Si 91'

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Willosi1991

OK OK I want to run a OBD2 ecu in my EF which is OBD0, what I have to do? I was thinking about swap the OBD1 engine harness and then buy the OBD1 to OBD2 convertion kit. That's possible? or there's another easy way? Thanks

The easiest way would be to run a obd1 computer. Go to Rywire - Online Store and buy the obd0 to obd1 jumper. Then you will need the obd1 computer, distributor, and a 4 wire o2 sensor. Obd2 computers suck balls and I will never have one on any Honda I ever own. They throw codes for anything, like exhaust and a intake. Do yourself a favor and avoid them altogether!!

usdm p72 and jdm p72 is the same?

Those ecus would be very similar. What kind of engine do you have?? If you have a gsr go with one of the ecus because you will need it to run the secondary butterflies that are in the gsr intake manifold. If you have a b16 get a p30 ecu. If you have a single overhead cam vtec get a p28. It is best to get the ecu that is for the same engine, because they all have different fuel and ignition maps. Especially if you wont be doing and custom tuning.

yes I have a ls/vtec b18 Ls and b18 vtec head, but I really want a p72 and yes when I buy it I will do a custom tune.

Then go ahead and do that, just make sure it is a obd1 p72 so you can tune and chip it. Good luck.

Back