obd2 to obd 1 swap Q...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tommy

Hi, I currently have a sohc D16z6 in my DelSol (obd1), I am swaping a B18c1 (obd2)...

If I stick the b18c1 engine/harness and ecu, in my car will this work with no other wiring needed ?

also

I have a p28 ecu (obd1) with hondata 3bd on it that I would like to attach to this motor... Would my best bet be to use the obd2 wireharness then get a obd2 to obd1 conversion harness and plug the p28 into that ? and then would that be plug and play with no modifications of wires...

btw im sticking a skunk2 mani on this engine before i throw it in, so i willl not have to worry about the IAB or knock sensors...

What would be my best bet on pluging this obd1 p28 up to this obd2 engine ?

Thanx for the help...

You do not need an OBD2-OBD1 converter, because the OBD2 Teg engine harness doesn't go all the way to the ecu it just plugs in on the shock tower. You can use the harness that came on the GSR so it fits the engine perfect, it will also plug into your shock tower connectors and you are ready to go!
You really are doing it the best way possible by leaving out the knock & IAB stuff, it couldn't get easier. You have no need to worry about anything OBD2 related, the OBD1 ecu will simply ignore anything extra it wasn't designed to operate with.

obd1 engine in obd2 car

i have a 95 prelude h23 motor in my 97 accord how do i convert the wires so the check engine light goes off and so that i can pass inspection and or check for codes or what ever i goota do thanks

Back