obd2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was wondering, I know a lot of people don't like obd2 for their own reasons especially when it comes to tuning, but what my question is, what would I need to convert my obd0 car to obd1 and then an obd2 engine to obd1? would I just have to use hondata or any kind of ems or what?

thanks!

^ well that wasn't confusing as balls to understand...

you guys are making it out to be a lot harder than it is. to do what you are trying to accomplish start by getting an obd0 to obd1 ecu jumper w/ subharness, and also the appropriate obd1 ecu for your particular application. if your jumper doesn't come with it you will also need a obd0 to 1 dizzy adapter. now since obd1 and obd2 distributors interally are the same you can switch connectors if you so choose, or you can just pop on an obd1 dizzy and not dick with switching connectors. that's entirely up to you. run the 4 wire o2 wiring from the subharness into the engine bay and that's about all you need to do to convert to obd1. the extra obd2 evap equipment and the crankshaft fluctuation sensor on the oil pump you can just ignore and leave unconnected because the obd1 ecu will not be looking for it.

thanks! yeah with me when it comes to electrical/wiring I'm not going to lie, I suck big time. I don't know what it is, I think that I'm just worried I'm gonna cross 2 wires wrong and the car will explode or something idk, but thanks a lot!

Back