1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obd2a harness to Obd2b dizzy question

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Xanatos, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Xanatos

Xanatos Village Idiot VIP

I thought maybe if I posted the specific question in it's own thread I'd get some detailed answers.

So I'm putting a B20z2 out of a 1999 CRV in a 98 Integra RS

I understand the obd2a harness from the integra has a 10 pin plug dizzy like my 96 integra and the obd2b dizzy plug from the 99 CRV is a 8 pin, so my question if I use an adapter like this one I found (http://www.rywire.com/product-p/dis-2-2-10pin-8pin.htm) in another thread what happens to the other 2 wires? If the harness is "asking" for 10 and I only give it 8 then what am I missing out on? Am I understanding this correctly?

My friend who makes lithium ion batteries for a living offered to help me with some soldering work and show me how to do it myself, so I can avoid the 35$ to buy an adapter for a 50$ distributor.

So my main questions:

What two pins do I not use and how does this effect the motor?

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram to the distributor or do I have to match colors?

Also the 98 harness had the injectors cut... I can just use the obd2 injectors from the CRV harness right?

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

found this-- maybe it helps?

[​IMG]

3. Xanatos

Xanatos Village Idiot VIP

Yeah I found a similar diagram today

[​IMG]

So the next question this raises is what is stated at the end of the picture, about adding RPM control wires but I couldn't find the "more on this soon..."

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted