obd2a vs obd2b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wisemansoji

is there any diference in the wiring in a 98gsr vs a 2000 gsr, or are the harnesses the same

ecu plugs are different.
obd2 has some other shit on it too as far as emissions goes, so the harness is different.

get an obd1 or 2a if you can.

could I use an obd2 LS engine harness on a 00si engine ina 94hbcx to run obd1.......cuz from the sounds of it I can't use the 2000gsr harness

What's wrong with your harness, I don't know much about the conversion so I don't know what it involves.

You can use an LS harness then add the vtec wires, seems simple.

2000 b16A2 sir engine in a 94 civic cx HB , thats my swap. I wanna run it obd1 what year is your harness from, and how much would u want for it. I live in canada.

the easiest thing for you to do is to use your cx harness that's in your car now.

drop the motor in.

convert to 4 wire o2.
run the wires for vtec
run the wires for knock.
swap plugs for the distributor, alternaotr and injectors- OR, just use obd1 b16a del sol vtec) distributor, alternator and injectors.

you're done.

its really not that much work.

getting another harness, you're still going to have to do some of the same shit. might as well make it free.

theres acticles and how-tos on all of these things here.

if I use stock harness why do i need to change the distributor and injectors to obd1,..........is it because the plugs don't match............if I change the plugs I can use all the obd2 stuff on the engine

Its not a big deal to change your injectors, use your stock CX one.

You can change the plugs on the dizzy if you want, I converted my obd0 to obd1

Originally posted by wisemansoji@Oct 28 2004, 04:49 AM
if I use stock harness why do i need to change the distributor and injectors to obd1,..........is it because the plugs don't match............if I change the plugs I can use all the obd2 stuff on the engine
[post=408503]Quoted post[/post]​

you don't need to. notice the OR i posted above.

obd1/2 electronically are the same thing.
but, they use different plugs.

so, its either swap the plugs onto the obd1 cx harness and use the obd2 parts

OR

swap the parts for a compaible obd1 part to plug into the stock cx harness

Back