OBX Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
I remember a while back someone was asking about the quality about OBX Cams...someone said they were shitty but never said why and if they had personal experience with them...so can someone clarify, tax returns are around the corner and $350 for stage 3's doesn't sound to shabby...

http://www.tuningdepot.com/productlist.asp?catid=141

They're OBX. End of story. Go ahead a use $350 cams, see what happens.

The fact that Skunk2 cams are more than twice as much and are considered average quality should be indicative of something.

and how are stages 1-3 all the same price?

if they are anything like any of their other products, im sure they will break and leave u stranded, or worse tear up your head completely

I've got some SiR cams that I'll write 'OBX-ARRRRRR' on with a sharpie, that I'll sell you for $350....shit....$300. And I will personally GUARANTEE that you'll make the same, IF NOT MORE, power with them than the OBX's. Shit, I'll even write 'I', 'II', or 'III' and STILL give you the same guarantee. If, for some ungodly reason, you don't make more power than the OBX cams, I'll gladly eat your money, shit it into a shoebox, and FedEx it right back to you.

:thumbsup:

so my guess is you guys don't like them? lol why did everyone get so butt-hurt, it was just a fucking question that i needed an answer to. shit, i've seen skunk2 cams break but that still doesn't mean i won't buy them, just answer the fucking question next time...and to civicious...looks like your still pissed off from Honda not liking you in general...i mean fuck, you want to give smart ass remarks, this coming from someone who likes to do 150 mph dashes to work and/or school when your already late, total the car, try to build a b20, then fail, then buy a built b18c and have it spin a bearing :blink:

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 31 2005, 09:35 PM
I've got some SiR cams that I'll write 'OBX-ARRRRRR' on with a sharpie, that I'll sell you for $350....shit....$300. And I will personally GUARANTEE that you'll make the same, IF NOT MORE, power with them than the OBX's. Shit, I'll even write 'I', 'II', or 'III' and STILL give you the same guarantee. If, for some ungodly reason, you don't make more power than the OBX cams, I'll gladly eat your money, shit it into a shoebox, and FedEx it right back to you.

:thumbsup:
[post=454224]Quoted post[/post]​

LMAO

I'm glad i've never asked about OBX Cams... haha

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Feb 1 2005, 12:37 AM
so my guess is you guys don't like them? lol why did everyone get so butt-hurt, it was just a fucking question that i needed an answer to. shit, i've seen skunk2 cams break but that still doesn't mean i won't buy them, just answer the fucking question next time...and to civicious...looks like your still pissed off from Honda not liking you in general...i mean fuck, you want to give smart ass remarks, this coming from someone who likes to do 150 mph dashes to work and/or school when your already late, total the car, try to build a b20, then fail, then buy a built b18c and have it spin a bearing :blink:
[post=454344]Quoted post[/post]​

Somebody's bitter. if youlike em then buy em. but if your gonna go that route then just look on ebay and buy some off brand ones, they will probably be the same. or you can go out and throw your money in the garbage can and still have the peace of mind that your engine is gonna last longer without those shit cams. good luck,

And civicious, :thumbsup:

Originally posted by senate_9427@Feb 1 2005, 02:46 AM
if youlike em then buy em. but if your gonna go that route then just look on ebay and buy some off brand ones, they will probably be the same. or you can go out and throw your money in the garbage can and still have the peace of mind that your engine is gonna last longer without those shit cams. good luck,

[post=454377]Quoted post[/post]​

that's why i asked the question...i can't like something i know nothing about. Just needed an answer, Plain and Simple. I am still debating on either going with Toda Spec A's and a Type R Valve train or going with the IB Wicked cams with the JG IB Spec Valve train but at the same time i saw the OBX cams and thought i would ask, guess i shouldn't then :(

OBX has NEVER made a quality product. If people won't buy their products that should tell you something. I would not trust OBX to make something soo important as cams. My .02 is if you want a inexpensive cams go with a CTR or ITR cams.

my boy thought he was bad because he bought $1000 in obx part he bought a header and cat back and the cams in question stage one and some other little parts but here is the deal, the header changed colors on him so he thought nothing about it, we where on the highway driving home and all i heard was his exhaust get really loud and he was slowing down so we pulled over we opened his hood and the header had two big holes in it, so we get home i am laughing my ass off at him and we take the header off and it rusted away and i guess from the torque from his new stage 1 cams ...:lol: looked like it snapped it right off, we looked at the piping for the exhaust and it was slowly rusting away on him so he took the whole think off had to go back to stock and he was so scared of the cams breaking he took them out and he uses them as a Axe handle now, i am sure that will help you make up your mind!

i dont think that you should flame civicious for telling you the truth....youre a baby..... he's right....i bought OBX cam gears and im always afraid of them slipping ....but i dont have anything to put in their place..........so save youre little cash and buy a brain so you can understand when some one is trying to help you BITCH.....

Keep the personal attacks out of the thread.

In my time tuning cars (about 7 years now), I've discovered that you get what you pay for. OBX is great if you want a cheap universal muffler, some pedals or a short shifter. However, I'd never trust them enough to put their cams in my engine. I'll pay the extra couple of hundred bucks for peace of mind that my head won't shred itself because OBX skimps on their R&D and/or manufacturing so that they can undercut the competition.

Originally posted by formby@Feb 1 2005, 10:34 AM
i dont think that you should flame civicious for telling you the truth....youre a baby..... he's right....i bought OBX cam gears and im always afraid of them slipping ....but i dont have anything to put in their place..........so save youre little cash and buy a brain so you can understand when some one is trying to help you BITCH.....
[post=454437]Quoted post[/post]​

so saying that he'll write something on a set of b16 cams and sell them to me to make me look like an idiot was somewhat of a straight forward answer lol do you see me talking shit to the people who gave me straight forward answers? nope. and to civiclxb16, how would your friend have known if the cams were infact good quality...everyone keeps saying that their products are shit, but no one has first hand experience with these cams, maybe they did something right this time around. but you are ALL, yes even civicous, absolutely right, i'm not going to find out thye quality with my money. thanks for the answer, straight forward or just plain being an ass, i appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 1 2005, 04:14 PM
Do you think it's a coincidence that no one has any firsthand experience with the cams? ;) Just sayin.....
[post=454648]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah that's why i said i'm not going to find out :lol:

Originally posted by formby@Feb 1 2005, 04:24 PM
why not? prove us wrong.... go ahead.......
[post=454655]Quoted post[/post]​

actually i might...there's a # of people on HT using them with no reliability problems, no wear on the valve train or cams themselves, and most of all they are making the power. I'm building another motor anyway, so i might just do it...i will keep you guys updated if anyone is interested...but this won't be till maybe may or so

The problem is everyone is on name brand, just because it's name doesn't mean it's better. My boy got a set of obx stage 2 cams, he bought them off ebay...He originally had ctr cams and sold them but the car pulls twice as hard with the obx's, no bs. I got a video of his run with them, this is what he has.

eg with gsr
clutch/flywheel
skunk2 mani
dc header
intake
full catback
obx cams,skunk2 valvesprings and retainers...
chipped ecu
fpr...

Everything else on the car is stock oh advanced timing...

13.7's allday on street tires... email me if you want to see the video...

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Feb 1 2005, 12:37 AM
[post=454344]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahahahah PWNED! :worthy:

Back