OBX Intake Manifold? Anyone here running one?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
if you have a gsr, i have a new skunk2 IM for GSR and i'll throw in the hondata gasket.
see my classifeds post

Will that mani fit a B16A?

I just read a bolt on article in either Turbo or HCi magazine, for the B18C1 (same base hp 170 as my B16A) and these were the numbers they got: 8.7whp for a Skunk2 catback exhaust; 5whp for a AEM CAI. 5whp for a DC Header (I'm pretty sure it was DC). My memory sucks, but I remember the numbers. And last but not least: 5.6whp for a Skunk2 IM. Not too shabby. Anybody got the dyno numbers for that AEBS?

also.....one thing you should keep in mind man when buying a OBX/VENOM style intake manifold is that those manifolds dont accomodate every vaccum hose you might have attached to your existing manifold, and if you have a h22 like i do, it will cause you more hastle to get an after market manifold and trying to make everything fit (i.e: pcv valve, icv valve, fuel presure regulator hose, etc). i was looking into getting a obx manifold myself not too long ago, i even started a forum just like this one asking if anyone had one and were they happy with it but as i did research..it would have costed me more time and custom fittiment to accomodate important vaccum lines to make everything work. the only one i know that accomodates maybe 95% of you vaccum lines that u will need is the SKUNK2 manifold,

overall bro...OBX is a company that makes cheap aftermarket produtcs for people that dont want to or cant afford to get the overpriced yet high quality, custom fit products. like everyone else said...be prepared to spend some time modifying for fittiment and maybe some money on tools or nuts/ bolts you may need....i agree with you when u say this shit is overpriced but for the extra $50-$100 bucks more...it will save you alot of hastle!!!

Eraceparts has AEBS $139.00 They also have blox, JG/ Edelbrock, and True typeR intake. great prices and good service.

MikeBergy; local shop in Highlandsprings, VA. $180 for extrude hone and bore the TB side of the manifold for me if i had a new throttle body to bring. Guy says head port match it at no extra cost as long as i mark it for him. And i go to the machine shop often( often for a broke-ass dude). I have only went to him twice for my car, about 5 or 6 for my pops, but his 9 sec Nova and his sick ass STI speak for his work.

What about STR... or Rage racing?? Havn't heard 'bout STR in a while but they used to make one back a few years.EraceParts

Back