Octane booster question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dreded90crxsi

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but I got this octane booster called pro-blend nitro power. It says it instantly adds up to 25hp when added to premium gas. Has anyone here tried this stuff before? Does it work and is it safe to run on a stock engin? I plan on trying it when I have to fill up again. By the way it's supposed to be for offroad use only.

Just adding octane boost to your car isn't going to "add 25hp". Anything that advertises that, I'd stay away from.

In any case, the only way you'd be able to take advantage of something like high-octane fuel is to:

- have an N/A build with a user-tunable ECU that would allow you to run advanced timing to take advtantage of higher octane

- have a turboed engine that you could run different fuel maps/boost levels depending on the type of gas you're using

Don't waste your money otherwise.

From what I've herd it's supposed to have some nitromethane in it. Does nitromethane add hp at all or is it just something to help prevent against detonation?

Back