Odd Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racerxb20z

im having a wierd problem with my 90 crx dx. It wont rev over 3k almost like a rev limiter. im thinking its just cap and rotor (hopefully). anyone have any thoughts on what this may be?

Did u modified or try to fix anything prior to the problem? Be a little more specific; these problems don't usually shows up overnite. Verify the code(s) that it's showing and let us know.

it's throwing code 16 which is a fuel system code but it "feels" like an ignition problem though. Hell I don't have a clue anymore so if anyone has a thought on this.

Is that the only code?

It really doesn't matter what the problem "feels" like. Take care of fixing that code, and see what happens.

Has the fuel pump ever been replaced? How about the fuel filter? Are the injectors flowing correctly? Any leaks in the fuel line?

Hey Racerxb20Z, like I asked, did u try to repair or modify something previously prior to the problem? If this just happened without u touching anything then more than likely one of your injector is failing; either stuck open or close. Code 16 is a fuel injector fault. If u did messed with it prior, then u might of switched the 2 injectors connector. I know exactly what your problem is. Let me know if u need instructions on how to check your injectors. Don't take it to the dealer when u can fix right here. Good luck!

Back