Odd question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ThatGuy4life

The Riced Sleeper
Is there a seperate fuse for the low gas warning light on the cluster of a 2000 civic Si. Reason i'm asking, I rarely let my fuel drop below a quarter tank, but a last week I did just so I wouldn't have too much fuel in my tank when I swapped out my fuel pump, regulator, and fuel filter. Ran it till the needle was on the red hash mark, and the gas light never illuminated. Also I notice when I start the car all the other lights in the cluster illuminates but the gas light.

Even though I don't ride below a quarter tank, i'm one of those people that has to have everything working right, and it just bugs me knowing it's not.

i dont think it does, but i do know that i have to be driving for quite a while with my gauge on the red before the light comes on. i went with it on the red line for about 5 days before it came on once. i think the gas gauges just aren't very acurate.

Ive never seen a gas light on my car one day I was going to fill up a gas can and just drive around untill the light comes on just to see if it has one

you know what, my GFs car gas light used to turn on.. but now it never comes on.. it probably got burnt out from being on all the time.. :lmao:

I know the one in my integra comes on only when its really low, like after it been in the red for 20 miles or so.
and no, the light doesn't come on with the rest of the lights when you have the key in the on position (unless you are really low on gas at that point in time)
I also have noticed that the light comes on and off depending on if im on a steep grade (with low tank) or accelerating or braking etc. but only when its getting really low.

I have an ek and i have never, since the day i bought the car, seen a gas light. I run it dead empty but i think the gas gauge is like the temp gauge, meaning it goes well below the line before it would actually be close to actually running out.

Back