OEM brake upgrade 94 ex w/out ABS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepercivic

Planning a Brake upgrade for my 94 ex w/out ABS
what is needed to upgrade the fronts to integra specs
I have searched and I am not finding what I am looking for if you have a good search string or a link to a Thread that would be appreciated or if you just wanted tell me what works that would be really cool

I have heard that rotors are the same and the teg calipers are bigger?

Also has anyone on here used a 91 civic MC 15/16th on thier 92-95 civic
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=364783

TIA

I have them on my Sol (teg brakes) and I love them.

You need
Integra knuckles
Teg Calipers
Teg caliper brakets
Teg rotors
Teg Pads
Teg brake lines
Brake fluid

With the brake lines, the stock ones will work, however, if you have OEM lines, the placement of the brake line bracket is slightly lower on the line on the civics, so when you try and put them on, there is almost no slack in the line, and the bracket can not be moved up and down (at least not that I could tell) Anyways, I ended up just securing them with zipties.

As for pads, this is probally the most important part of the upgrade. If you buy crappy pads, your going to get crappy braking. I would suggest Cobalt friction, Hawk, Axxis Ultiments, Fando (sp?) ect. The better pads will dust more, squeek a little bit, but will bite great.

are the calipers any different between rs/ls/gs and gsr's, also any difference between abs and non-abs calipers?

last ?, will these fit under my stock 14in rims

**94 ex coupe **

it depends what your wheels are. With my OEM 95 sol wheels (14's), the fit perfectly over the calipers with almost no gap between. However, with HX wheels (also 14's) they won't fit unless you trim the calipers, which is not that hard if you have a diegrinder. If that really is a consern, find a freind with an integra and put the wheels on his.

As far as diffrences between calipers, abs or not, there is none. All 3rd gen teg calipers (minus the ITR) are the same. ABS aplications (anyone other then the RS are) will have a little ABS sensor on the spindle. If yours has them, you can just simply remove the 2 bolts holding it on, and throw it out.

^thanks^

I have the 14" ex steelies, I think they are the same as the 14" teg steelies, anyone know for sure?

When you say knuckle, what do you mean exactly? Is that the whole piece that the axles go through (spindle I think). Or is it like a seperate peice. I've always been confused with the terms spindle, knuckle, hub and so on. I'm looking to do the brake swap soon too.

Back