Officer's son arrested for stealing cruiser

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

It's slow in Members Lounge today and I think this is a funny story.... :p

Officer's son arrested for stealing cruiser
Man charged after pulling over ex-girlfriend
Wednesday, June 2, 2004 Posted: 4:02 PM EDT (2002 GMT)

AUBURNDALE, Florida (AP) -- A Florida police officer's son stole his dad's cruiser in the middle of the night and used it to pull over his ex-girlfriend, authorities said.

Richard Melius, 20, first made more than a dozen harassing phone calls to the former girlfriend, then stole the cruiser's keys while his father, Lakeland Sgt. Mark Melius, was sleeping early Tuesday, officials said.

He later spotted the woman, Tabitha McKenzie, driving in Auburndale, turned on the cruiser's emergency lights and pulled her over, the Polk County sheriff's office said.

McKenzie, who is pregnant with Melius' child, called her family for help. McKenzie's stepfather arrived, and the younger Melius drove home, the report said.

He was arrested there on multiple charges, including stalking, falsely impersonating a law enforcement officer and grand theft auto, according to jail records.

He also is charged with burglary, driving with a suspended license and violation of probation.

It could not be determined if he has an attorney.

hahahaha sucks to be his stupid ass...

oh well, and Frankie is probably right.

No, cops are the most strict parents in the world, he's gonna get fucked. I know a few problem children who had cops for parents. Trust me, they always get a real raw deal.

Yeah i lived by a cop and his kids growing up and they got everything, and got away with everything. He did shit to discipline them. which is why I think Frankie might be right.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jun 2 2004, 06:04 PM
No, cops are the most strict parents in the world, he's gonna get fucked. I know a few problem children who had cops for parents. Trust me, they always get a real raw deal.

Yeah, he'll get the disciplining at home.... which will be a lot worse than what the courts could dish out at him. :ph34r:

What was that story on H-T earlier in the year? Some kid collected money for an engine, but never shipped it. However he gave out his home address as his mailing address.... and his dad was a NY state trooper. So the victim goes over the the house to confront the kid, and the scammer's dad ends up giving away all of this great JDM shit to the (former) victim, just piles and piles of it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that is what i mean, the father might get him out of the criminal charges, but he's gonna get taken out back and beaten with a hose or something. Just because the criminal charges get dropped does NOT mean that he gets away with the crime. Daddy'll whoop his fuckin ass. :spin:

What a fucking tardcart!!! Someone like that can't be right in the head...I mean how did he think he was going to get away with that?...that's gotta be the stupidest thing he could have done...being a cop's kid and all.

Oh and about that ny trooper's kid story...i don't believe it...i read that story and at first i was like ...damn that shit never happens to me..but after thinking about it...sounds like fucking bullshit to me.

Originally posted by TDaddy@Jun 2 2004, 07:48 PM
Oh and about that ny trooper's kid story...i don't believe it...i read that story and at first i was like ...damn that shit never happens to me..but after thinking about it...sounds like fucking bullshit to me.

Are you a betting man??? My memory for old message board threads is famous on several forums ... ;)

I meant yea, he will get off of the criminal charges, but probably get maced and beat with the nightstick when he gets home.

Back