"Oh my God" 2004

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

All nine Democratic presidential candidates support abortion rights. Bush has said he would fill any Supreme Court vacancies with judges such as Antonin Scalia or Clarence Thomas, two of the most conservative justices on the high court who are presumed to favor the abolition of Roe v. Wade.

Not surprising in the slightest.:shrug2:

That's the way it's been since Roe v Wade. The moment a seat is open, the views on Gun control, Abortion, and civil liberties are the only topics brought up when nominating. You'll nominate according to your party, and the people that voted you in.

No where else are the two parties more divided than Abortion and gun control. As far as Civil rights, you won't find anyone overturning black laws, but you will see them voting for Religion, and Religion's affect in the current world.

Just as a fun thing, Check out what Antonin Scalia did during the Arab-American v Janet Reno cases recently.

In 1996, Bill Clinton signed into law the "Immigrant Responsibility Act" Which allows Arab Americans to belong to, and actively participate in PLO activities. That means, a Terrorist group is legally allowed in the US. Now Scalia, presiding over the 3 cases that followed, refused to make a decision as to whether these people could be members of PLO, referring back to the 1996 law.

Scalia has 9 kids. I don't think Abortion will be his achilles. And Clarence Thomas got to sex0r that secretary of his a while back. Meanwhile, Democrat interests are being protected by the very capable and VERY respected Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sandra Day O'Connor (Who's parents are named Harry A. Day and Ada Mae Wilkey Day). If the Republicans would just come out with it and hit the Polls with the strongest, most intelligent and honored Republicans, all of this could be behind us.

Well, as important as everything is - This term may see 2 Supreme Court Justice seats open. Whoever you vote in today, will have a lasting effect on the internal issues of America.

Have Fun

-> Steve

P.S. Ada Mae Wilkey Day, Miss Chicopee, Ada Mae Wilkey Day.

Originally posted by tab@Jun 25 2004, 01:22 AM
All nine Democratic presidential candidates support abortion rights. Bush has said he would fill any Supreme Court vacancies with judges such as Antonin Scalia or Clarence Thomas, two of the most conservative justices on the high court who are presumed to favor the abolition of Roe v. Wade.

Not surprising in the slightest.:shrug2:

Scalia? Supreme Court?

How do I put this....

:no:

not no, but

FUCK NO

The unfortunate thing is that neither side can see beyond party and ideological lines. Apointees to the supreme court are apointed for life, which is supposed to be to prevent issues of party affilliation from coming up. So long as they (the two major parties) continue to appoint justices based on ideology, it is no longer to our benefit that they remain in their positions for life. Give them an 8 year term and be done with it.

Besides that, fillibustering is unfortunate. What it indicates is a lack or feeling of ability to make a difference. Partisan politics (and corperate tax shelters) is killing America. I suggest that people take a look at the candidates from the smaller parties and consider them, I know that Im going to be puting my vote towards the Nader/Camejo ticket this coming election (although i do wish the order of pres/vice pres was reversed).

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 25 2004, 02:09 AM
John Kerry Promises a Filibuster

That's the best way to run a country, doncha think?

-> steve

and there's something wrong with giveing people a right to have an abortion,
hell we need some population control in the US these days. as well as the right to choose what's best for yourself. hell if abortions were outlawed you know how many 15-20yo olds would be spwning offspring into the world only to become our next welfare family. There's nothing wrong with welfare, but there's no need to be putting every single person on there that could have a choice to not take that route.

as you see I'm pro choice

Two subjects to cover in this post:

First to Sabz: Scalia is already a supreme court justice. Bush apparently said he would "Do it again".

Secondly, my stance on the Filibuster and Abortion: I posted this link not to show you about abortion or the other exact issues in question here. I posted this to point out how Kerry will be dealing with them. He has promised to filibuster anything and everything he can. Democratic party did this a few years ago to prevent a Spanish judge from being appointed Supreme Court Nominee from the Bush Administration. It was early 2001. 9/11 stopped the filibuster, and they loaded into the streets and immediately started singing "God Bless America" that day.

As far as abortion, I'm pro-abortion. Not Pro-Choice, Pro Abortion. I think that all women, regardless of race, social status, history or future should be offered, by random-from-computer the choice to collect $8000 to abort her baby. IF she says no, no problem. But I'm willing to bet many women would take the money.

Its like a Lotto, where we all win :)

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 25 2004, 11:11 AM
First to Sabz: Scalia is already a supreme court justice. Bush apparently said he would "Do it again".

I don't like that dude. Not one bit.

i'm not a big fan of kids or anything, but i think that after 2 (the replacement factor for you and your spouse) that random lottery thing could work well.

but, whos going to font the 8k?

tax payers.

f that.

Raising a child, even a middle class parental supported one, from Birth to Age 18 costs the taxpayers about $25,000 per kid. There are lots more kids now than ever before - even more than the "Baby Boom". Schools are getting multi-million dollar renovations or completely new schools are built. Have you ever seen New Milford High? Holy shit, that place is half the size of the Vatican !

Poor kids, crack babies, and abandoned kids cost the government about $100,000 to age 18. If mommy is going to "Kick the baby" for $8000, Then Mommy shouldn't have a kid, and chances are high that it will end up in that bracket.

-> Steve

kerry will make a mediocre president at best. but at least he wont draft us and send us off to conquer the worlds oil resources and return america to the imperial age like bush will (there are hundreds of millions of dollars set aside in bush's 2005 year budget for a mass scale draft.)

This world is going to chaos quickly, and I personally don't think there is a single person that will be able to do anything about it. Regardless of who is elected as president, the world will become more chaotic, and will eventually self destruct itself one way or another, because no one has any reason for being united together. Everyone one is looking out for numero uno, and as long as that is the general mindset of the masses, that is what the world will become. I am a christian, so I take a more conservative view, I obviously don't support a woman's right to choose abortion, just as I don't support the fact that a criminal can get years knocked off of his sentence for good conduct. Everyone should be accountable for his or her choices, and should have to face the consequences. If you don't want a baby, go on birth control, or just don't have sex. If you can't make these choices, you are no longer in control of yourself, you are being controlled. If a doctor judges that a pregnancy poses a significant threat on a woman's health, then I believe abortion to be an adequate sloution to that problem, but it should not be an easy way out of consequences resulting from poor decisions and poor preparation (i.e. using contraceptives, etc), and it should certainly not be a program funded by my tax money. If nothing else, a woman should at least have to pay for her own abortion. I am tired of being taxed for services I do not believe in.

Originally posted by Celerity@Jun 25 2004, 02:00 PM
Raising a child, even a middle class parental supported one, from Birth to Age 18 costs the taxpayers about $25,000 per kid. There are lots more kids now than ever before - even more than the "Baby Boom". Schools are getting multi-million dollar renovations or completely new schools are built. Have you ever seen New Milford High? Holy shit, that place is half the size of the Vatican !

Poor kids, crack babies, and abandoned kids cost the government about $100,000 to age 18. If mommy is going to "Kick the baby" for $8000, Then Mommy shouldn't have a kid, and chances are high that it will end up in that bracket.

-> Steve

Your logic makes perfect sense. The major flaw that I see is the welfare type mothers trying to make babies to collect 8k. Even with the random picking, people would try to get lucky not thinking about the consequences. It's the American way. :)

Back