ohio people..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
Anyone from the area?? I'd like to hear the good and bad.
I am going down soon to meet professors for grad school at ohio state and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for a bit it'll probably be a sunday night through monday night kind of thing.

no I don't go there :) My uncle is a professor of the trumpet there..

I work right next to campus tho..

yea i'm not a big fan of ohio in general, but a graduate degree from there in materials science is like cash in the bank...
i'd say they are top 3 in the nation,

so besides boring and flat parts.... i'm talking about columbus area.. girls? bars? .. you know the important stuff

I think that most of Ohio, as a state, is gorgeous. I used to live a few miles from the border in Amish town.

And that is where my compliments end.

Here is what I typed in a Guestbook about Ohio at the end of last month: It got my frustrations out.

If god were to give the earth an Anema, he would put the tube in Ohio.

I hate that fucking state with a passion, and I hate everyone in it. I have yet to meet an Ohioan that is worth the air it breathes. I got robbed by an Ohio toll booth worker in 2003, and I haven't gotten over it, nor the police response. Ohio should be a nuclear testing range. Columbus is the hemorroid on the asshole of society. It's the closest the US comes to Fallujah. Bombed out buildings and chop-shops are it's local economy. They grow do-rags and rape as a bumper crop. Fascinating Ohio Fact: Did you know that Ohio is the leeching field for Pennsylvania's septic tank ? I'm bookmarking this to see what you Ohioan animals have to say about this, and how you defend your worthless, corrupt state. I only wish you got hurricanes. Nooch.

-> Uncle Cel

I've been to ohio state, only for a Metallica concert though...

the dorms are taller than every building we have in downtown Ft Wayne.

Looked like a huge campus.... yep one more useless post made by yours truly.

elaborate.. what department were you in? who were assholes faculty/administration/kids there?

i dont plan on living in the dorms as a graduate student..

They just had a bad vibe to them. I was there for a Science Olympiad competition in high school. They worked really hard to get the competition held there and then the whole thing was just a shameless plug (and a poor one) for their school.

They also were cheapo's compaired to the other schools. Most schools offer 1/2 ride scholarships to students who place first in their event, but Ohio offered a measly $1000....the same that most schools offer just for participating in the event. :dry:

They salt their roads like crazy.. All of the used car's fenders/body panels are rusted out.

Bad BAD place for cars.

Back