Oil and water cooled turbo lines???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kermit5327

ok so i got some new toys for my car and all was going well utill i came across this, my turbo is oil and water cooled well i under stand the oil lines but i dont know how to run my water line. Like what line do i use to run to my turbo.

also here is a pics of the mini turbo lol

Attachments

• 02272008.jpg
    02272008.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 204
  • 02272008(001).jpg
    02272008(001).jpg
    387 KB · Views: 167
most people T-off the line headed to the throttle body for the send. not sure abou the return

dont worry about the water lines, there not needed just use the oil

oh really ok cool lol i didnt know cuz once i get the car running and a little warm smoke starts comming out of the water lines

well, that's a hole different story.
it might need to get rebuilt... sounds like its leaking oil out the seals or something.

The water line is optional, but it's usually a good idea to use it on turbo's designed to use it

was there recently water in the lines or have you never even used them before? sounds like it could be left over water burning off.

I have to agree with B here. If the manufacturer put it there it is usually there for a valid reason. My suggestion, if you do not want to run it would be to plug the water return port and run low boost.

ok ok i mean i want to run the water line i just dont know were to run them from and im only running like 7-10 pound of boost

Back