oil coming out of the turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic15.8

oil has started coming out off the turbo on the compresion side it is not much just alittle it is coming out where the fan is and i look at the pipe that contects to the turbo and it is coming out there too. why is it doing this and how can i fix it? thanks fella's. oh hey it is a t3/t04e but you dont need to know that as far as i know

Originally posted by civic15.8@Mar 2 2004, 09:11 PM
oil has started coming out off the turbo on the compresion side it is not much just alittle it is coming out where the fan is and i look at the pipe that contects to the turbo and it is coming out there too. why is it doing this and how can i fix it? thanks fella's. oh hey it is a t3/t04e but you dont need to know that as far as i know

you blew the oil seals in the turbo...needs a rebuild

100-300 depending....

ebay it, say it needs work, and upgrade =)

t3/t67 time? :)

inspect the blades of the fan on there as well. mine look like they were shot up with a shotgun when I dissassembled my 15g

Originally posted by civic15.8@Mar 2 2004, 09:11 PM

I had the same problem, mine was due to loss compression in one cylinder and that caused to much blow by into the oil pan and didn't let the oil drain back. I didn't do a simple compression check and it ended up cracking my bearing housing on my turbo. do the compression check just to be safe before you drive it again!!! i couldn't even tell that i blew that cylinder when you drove it.
i ended up rebuilding the turbo and the engine. if i would have caught it faster i would have only had to rebuild the engine. :angry:

good luck.

well the motor is being rebuilt right now cause of blow by but i went down there today to the shop and i looked at the turbo and saw it so it isnt being driven but thanks again guys

Originally posted by civic15.8@Mar 3 2004, 11:09 AM
well the motor is being rebuilt right now cause of blow by but i went down there today to the shop and i looked at the turbo and saw it so it isnt being driven but thanks again guys

:hmm:

I'm confused.

Back