Oil Cooler any good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaflr

I recently purchased a oil cooler kit for my 94 prelude, and am just curios if it will hurt me in performance due to looseing oil pressure or not, i know it will keep it cool, but more running around with the oil will cause loss of pressure in my oil, just wondering if i do plan to install this, do i need to upgrade on any other parts in my vehicle?
thanx

I don't think you lose pressure because of the oil cooler, yes you run more lines but you also run more oil.

i was also planning on doing this

plan on having it come off the back of the block, through the oil cooler, though the turbo to the oil pan

sorry,
off the block, through the filter, through the oil cooler, to the turhbo to the oil pan.
:)

thank guys, that makes me feel more comfortable installing this now. now just have to find the time to do it, and figure out where i am going to mount this sucker, its as long as my radiator. lol. gonna be fun :>
thanks again

usually the smaller oil coolers are mounted in either air dam areas on the bottom left/rigth of your bumper (when considering an EG/EJ, even EK's) since it's long I would mount it infront of your radiator.

Back