Oil everywhere??? Is it blown???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smooth_criminal

So i was full spooled up the other day and next thing i knew i was blowing major smoke out of my exhaust, i oulled over and poped the hood and noticed there is oil leaking out of my couplers up by my BOV, so that means it went from the turbo all the way thought the IC up the other side of the charge piping and into the intake manifold. The question is, are me seals blow? it only does it when i'm fully spooled, it doesn't do it if my wastegate doesn't open? really wierd, do you think it could be because of my oil return as it's not 100% straight down? If it is the seals what should i do? Buy a new 18g or get this one rebuilt?

the turbo prob blew a seal...just take it off and check it....then do a comp test

sounds like what happened to my old LS-T. Except it wasn't the turbo. The turbo was freshly rebuilt with no signs of shaftplay, cracks or blown seals. I never looked into what actually happened, but there was oil in 2/4 of my cylinders. :shrug2:

You might be lucky and it just be a seal. Pop the plugs out and see what you find.

yeah man... the turbo seals on either the feed/retuns are screwed.

chances are, your drain sucks, goes against gravity, or is too small
or, you have too much pressure going in.

what size feed, what size return, and please post a pic of your return line

Back