Oil Feed fitting....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ok my new problem. Oil feed line fittings.

I had it all hooked up....before I put the halfshaft in.

I put the halfshaft on and it hits the line and was kinking the line and making it completely restrictive so I wasn't going to let that happen. Got a 90* elbow, and now when it's tightened it faces the wrong direction so its loose on the adapter.

Can I just cut part of the fitting's threads to make it face the other way? How would I know how much cause trial and error is going to be a bitch and I'm not taking the adapter off now.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Make sure your suing an 1/8 BSPT fitting and not and 1/8 NPT fitting. they are off by 1 thread per inch. BSPT has 27 threads per inch whilt NPT has 28 per inch. I myself just ran new lines for my turbo set up and this is what i do. DO NOT USE teflon tape! it will stop the stock oil pressure sendgin unit from grounding to the block. Go buy a tude of RTV sealent. cover the top 3/4 of the threads with it and thread it into the block.

My set up is. 1/8 bspt to 1/8 NPT, 1/8 NPT to -4 AN. Then a 4an line to the firewall and intot he Tees. Summit sells a 1/8 BSPT to -4 AN fitting but it's not in stock until 5/2/05.

I dont think there needs to be any type of grounding from it. Its comming from the adapter thing not the OPSU.

I have two holes in the FAL adapter. One is capped off the other has the new 90.

I'll try the teflon first, then cut...If that doesn't work then I'm going to need a new fitting anyway, I'll stop at Home Depot later today though.

be careful cutting threads on pipe fittings... or fittings in general

the thread design is tapered... so even if you chop the threads its more than likely going to top out in the same spot...

depending on the style of fitting your are using of course...

and i hate teflon tape, i ALWAYS go the wrong way... every time....
some people never learn...

you might wanna look into using brake line for a feed line, i have heard of people doing this... i question the amount of oil flow personally, but its said to work... easily routed and not ugly and bulky... like clear hose :D

I dunno about that brake line idea. :ph34r:

I'll try a fuck around with it and see what happens. Worse comes to worse I need a new fitting.

Now I need to find somewhere to weld my DP flange in Jamaica, NY. There are 60 different Machine shops in 25 miles. I guess I start with the one around the block.

Back