Oil filters inside and out Reviews

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
they are for motorcycles but most of them are the same as car filters only smaller

almost all major brands reviewed

do keep in mind this is an older page but most of them have not changed

http://www.twocreeks.net/toby/oil_filters/index.shtml

once again my honda filters are made by Toyo Roki not Fram but for cars I've heard from a few dealer parts guys that they have 2-3 different hondafilters from different companies but I've yet to hear of Fram making one for honda

Jeff

Originally posted by civicious@Oct 14 2003, 11:42 PM
wow...what d'ya know...fram sucks...

:wtf: Cardboard endcaps?

I guess that does it for Fram for me...

yeah I only use OEM I dont' care what people say about Fram making filters for honda I know from using them before the filters I get for my civic are not the same

different holes/size/weight of the filter

We use purolater oil filters (the electric blue ones- can't think of the name) on our cars (civic and S13). This is the first time I've used one on the civic but my girl has been using em for about 2 yrs. No leaks, and it appears to keep the engine running smoothly.

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97@Oct 14 2003, 11:32 PM
We use purolater oil filters (the electric blue ones- can't think of the name) on our cars (civic and S13). This is the first time I've used one on the civic but my girl has been using em for about 2 yrs. No leaks, and it appears to keep the engine running smoothly.

I am trying them too this time. I Got the one called Purolater PureOne. Heard good reviews so I said what the hell, why not.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 14 2003, 10:43 PM-->
civicgirlracer97
@Oct 14 2003, 11:32 PM

I am trying them too this time. I Got the one called Purolater PureOne. Heard good reviews so I said what the hell, why not.

I think thats the ones we buy. She loves em (mostly b/c its blue and it matches her powercoated engine...lol). I put it on today so I'll keep yall informed. Let me know how yours funs/fits.

I think the OEM Honda ones work extremely well. Other than that I do use Fram when I'm in a pinch, and when things are in the black I'm using K&N. The K&N is a bit of overkill for it's size.

The Honda OEM is deep and wide (like Ricki.... Oh forget it)

-> Steve

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 14 2003, 06:33 PM
once again my honda filters are made by Toyo Roki not Fram but for cars I've heard from a few dealer parts guys that they have 2-3 different hondafilters from different companies but I've yet to hear of Fram making one for honda

Jeff

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...showtopic=22895
the guy in the above thread (sleepercivic) says he just bought a honda filter and it says "made by fram" on it.

ive been using the pure one filters for some time now since i cut one in half and found a metal frame around the filter like the conular air filters use to keep them from collapsing. they also have the metal end cap. i hate to say it but motorcraft/ford also makes a great oil filter built alost the same as the pure one. i also hear good things from k&n but have not tried them yet - too expensive.

but then again, whats the difference when you change your oil every 1000 miles for fun :spin:

I saw that and still don't believe it thats I guess weirder things have happened but geez... I hope not

Back