Oil in cylinders??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpoonTuNed

I just bought a civic that smokes like no other. I noticed that oil was dripping out of the header between where it bolts to the cat. I pulled the head to see if maybe it was the head gasket and there was like a pool of oil in each cylinder on top of the pistons. What could cause this? Im thinkin maybe valve seals, at first i thought it was rings but theres no scoring on the walls anywhere. Is there anything else it could be?

bad headgasket seeping oil into the cylinders?

well, you would also have oil in the coolant.

well it either valve seals or rings or its the little rubber ring that goes around each spark plug hole

The only reason i thought it was a head gasket was that there was oil deposits all around where the head meets the block. Another thing the motor is a jdm gsr and when i pulled the head there were forged low compression pistons.

rebiuld it new gaskets, seals, rings, and bearings and you should take it to a machine shop and have them make sure nothing is warped, bent, or cracked and have them hone the block while it is in there. Or if your strapped for cash figure out the problem whether it be yourself or a machine shop and fix it, but you might as well overhaul it while your in there because it sounds like it was beat on.

if there where new pistons in it... the rings might not have be set right which would cause that problem. but do what the other guys said. give it a basic rebuild... and bring it to the machine shop

Back