oil in my spark plugzzzz!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

i let my friend drive my car today and he came back and sed that the car was idling funny.i sed it was only firing off 3 cylinders and to pop the hood.the # 3 spark plug had blow'n out of its housing.i pushed it in the pulled it back out.the plug was drowning in oil.my friend sed the it was just a gasket that need to be replaced, If this is the case what gasket kit will work. a 95 and up gsr gasket kit? i hope to god he didnt fry my rings. he sed it happend a couple of time on his old skoool toyota and it was from using a breather tub instead of running the hose to the intake"wich i hade on up until 45 min ago" does this sound just like a bad seal? i know that my valve cover seal is done allready.

Oil in the spark plug well just means the seal on the valve cover is gone. There's no way to get oil above you spark plug from a bad piston ring.

Bad valve cover gasket i had the same thing i just fixed it today when you get the gasket kit they give you new seals that fit around the inside of where your plugs set

ok what gaket kit wil work for my first gen b16a motor? what is it compatable with? we went to auto zone and they asked i assumed the gsr dohc vtec kit but i didnt want to take any chances,would napa have this whole kit for me cuz my valve cover is shot too and leaking oil.

ok then just a dohc vtec integra. any year anymodel?

well figures.i fixed the leak into the spark plugs but ever since i bought the car my valve cover leaked,and no the integra valve cover gasket did not work.it was slightly to big and just wouldnt work,well $30 dollers spent on 2 pennies worth of rubber what a day.

Did you get the one for the B18C GSR or the LS. The vtec Integra will fit, I garrantee you, I am using one. The LS intgra will not fit. That's why I said, let me quote me...

Any vtec B series gasket kit.

dont let your friends drive your car,unless you trust them not to push your car to the limit

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 30 2004, 12:58 AM
Did you get the one for the B18C GSR or the LS. The vtec Integra will fit, I garrantee you, I am using one. The LS intgra will not fit. That's why I said, let me quote me...

Any vtec B series gasket kit.

the guy at the counter at kragen checked both and cross referenced the oreder #'s they were selling the same exact kit for 2 diff motors,i hate kragen but they were the only people who had it in stock and the counter cleark had no idead what the hell the walve cover gasket kit even was let alone spoke the same damn language as i did. thanks for the help in the end its been a couple of days and the problem is gone.i still need a new valve cover gasket in the future but for know its good to go.

I here ya, even Honda sent me the wrong part three times, after I pointed to it on hte screen, after looking it up myself.

damn, i really need to pay attention to how i spell.
it sucks always being in a hurry.thanks for your help

Back