Oil leak under V-tec???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

N/A b18c1

Mysterious
Hi,

As i drive my car with no speedometer or odometer functioning for the fact i know its not the VSS...Oil is leaking right under the Vtec where the oil pressure sensor is located... My guess that this is, is because pressure is being given to the vtec and the vtec isnt kicking and oil is blushing out...??? my guess....

Im thinking there is a shortage or something with the speedometer/odometer wiring but i dont know how to do any of these...and there so much wires involved...i know everyone HATES wiring when it comes to it....It did not work either before i swap the motor... AND my cluster lights doesnt work either..so im driving at night lighting with my cig. lighter all the time...

5th gear running at 2000 rpm im running about 45 mph
At 3000 im running about 70 mph
Testiment with my brother at speed rate ... =) LOL

Motor: B18C1

Seriously Help Me Out !

ok, nothing will happen if i was to take it off and put the new gasket in and put it back in place would it?

Your car might jump into some kind of a James Brown inspired dance, but nothing serious. :p

Seriously though, have some paper towels ready to catch a little bit of spilled oil. When the car's off and the engine's cold, the oil's in the oil pan.

hahah

:werd:

i'm not positive that its the vtec sol. gasket.. its just a guess since i'm not there to look at it.. and actually see where its coming from

Bought a new vtec gasket was $21.78 after tax, was a 5 minute job...vtec gasket was so sticky i had to tap it with my palm hand and it moved, i did it again it popped off to the side a little and i took it off and oil gushes and spells all over the tranny down to the ground....

replaced gasket and the oil leak stopped IMMEDIATLY after re-bolting the bolts back in place...

To whoever is doing the same job i am...Clean all the burnt oil or whatever thats dirty while u have the chance too...after u put it back in, you'll have a hard time cleaning it later for the fact there isnt much room....

Now that the new gasket is installed and no oil leak or pressure leaks...the vtec seems to kick in more stronger..."I THINK THE GASKET MAKES THE WHOLE ENGINE A LITTLE MORE STRONGER"

Well thanks to all who helped...=)

Well thanks for the help...engine kinda lagged from time to time as oil pressure was being built into the vtec sol. and now its in Great top shape, i can actually hear the vtec...which made my day ;)

Now what happens next..?

Ok after a day driving with the new vtec solenoid gasket...its starts leaking again and this its not as wrost....looks like its coming from the "Cam Shaft" that black gasket look a like that is right next to the vtec...

how hard is it to t change and one and how much does it cost..?
Help me once more..

im guess it is the cam seal...if i had a camara...i would take a picture but i dont....its right next to the vtec solenoid...its black and circle like....

how hard is it to change one...?

There is a cam seal tool puller that i have to use to not damage the shaft itself or something like that....ill search around and i gotta take my car in for the check up and repair on my speedometer cause its freaken driving me nuts...i cant see anything at night, cluster lights are out also...heard its from bad ground but all grounds are grounded pretty good...

Back