oil leak

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i keep leaking oil from the oil pan....so i bought a new one and it still leaks.....i'm guessing its the block....every mourning my damn dip stick is between both holes.... i hate it...

how can i fix it....? with out removing the block that is...

two gaskets? honda bond? what?

also..

.when i'm driving and i go to down shift or when i decelerate then acelerate fast...i hear/feel something knocking agaist the floor board by the clutch pedal.. could it be an axle.....it looks a little crooked... axles intermidiate, shaft and spindles are from a 90 teg...on a 91 crx

if you remove the oil pan and the gasket still loooks good wipe off all the oil off of it. On the spots that were leaking oil you can put a thin bead of RTV to stop the leak I recomend the copper RTV by permatex that should take care of the leak. You should check your PCV system if it is clogged or restricted it will cause you to leak oil the weakest point.

M

I got paranoid and put a light bead of hondabond all over my pan and where the block mets the gasket. no leaks y0!

The best thing to do when you have a oil pan gasket leak is to replace the gasket with one from the dealer not a autozone or napa one becuse they are aftermarket wich will not fit the pan the right why and never reuse a gasket when you take it of just a big hasle and a wast of time trust me its gonna leak agian. you can count on that. and puting honda bond on it will help it a little bit but thats why they call it honda bond its made for honda cars. RTV sealer suck i mean it dosent seal wortha crap unless you have a old modle car that you cant find a gasket for then thats when you use it. Also when you take of the oil pan put it gasket side down on a flat surface and see if the pan is strait to reuse and also check for cracks. Gaskets from the dealer are about the same price as one from a parts store. so why not go the correct way when doing this and save you some good tome and good money. hope this helps

ya boy steveo

Back