Oil Light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey guys,

During medium to hard cornering my Oil Light comes on. It doesnt stay on solid, it flashes. Everytime it does it, i shut off the car and pull over. I let the car sit for a few minutes and start it back up with now problems. Well actually sometimes it will start and then die. These are both recent problems, and i was wondering what you peeps think the problem may be. I am going in for an oil change in a day or two, so hope fully this will help solve the problem.

I was thinking it sould be a really dirty oil filter(its been a while since i changed my oil, so that could be a major problem)

Or its just low on oil. So i checked it and the levels are fine!

Whats you take on the situation. Thanks for your help!!

Basically, they're walls you weld into the pan to keep the oil from surging to one side or the other during turns. My bet is that the oil light only comes on during left hand turns...?

No pics. Basically, add walls with some space between the bottoms of the walls and the bottom of the pan (about 3/16" to prevent oil from being trapped in the sections, and make the walls short enough (or position them) so they don't hit the crank as it rotates.

Back