oil on spark plug threads?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

95 B16A SirII, I changed my spark plugs today and on cylinders 2 and 3 (the middle ones) there was oil covering the spark plug threads. The plugs from 1 and 4 had no oil on them. All the spark plug tips had similar appearance and wear. What would cause this? A warped head? broken head gasket?

valve cover gasket set. One of the spark plug tube seals is leaking replace the whole shibang and you should be set

agreed replease the tube seals and if there is still oil on them either your rings and or ringlands are shot. Have you done a comp test?

:werd:

I'm betting its the tube seals as opposed to an issue with your rings. Does the oil appear to be coming from the top of the plug down? Or are your electrodes also covered in oil?

it was wierd, the oil was only on the threads, not the electrode and not the wires

just on the threads?

that doesn't sound right...throw some new plugs in and run the engine for 10-15 minutes, then pull them out and see what the hells going on.

maybe its some m4d t1t3 jDm thing to lube your plugs w/oil (or something) so they come out easier later on...?

Back