Oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

menace

what kind of oil and oil filters do you guys use?

if its my car, or a car i care about, castrol and fram, if not, then the cheapest shit i can find...

i think consumar reports did a test and castrol came out on the top, but that was a while ago, not sure if they have redone that test or not...

Fram filters are some of the worst you can buy....

I use Mobil1 for oil and OEM Honda filters... Mobil1 filters are pretty good too.

I use Fram filters on mine with pennzoil 5-30. I use it on my car, truck, and my moms car and my dads truck. My dad used it since he used to work in a garage back in 1970, and hasn't used anything else. we havent ever had any problems, oil is always pretty clean when changing it. Pennzoil my dad likes because it is one of the non-synthetic oils that are made from wax, not a tar base.

If I had to use anything else it would be Mobile 1 oil and a mobile 1 filter/ or honda oil/filter.

edit---I also think quakerstate is the only other wax based non-synthetic oil--correct me if im wrong.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 5 2004, 05:03 PM
Fram filters are some of the worst you can buy....

I use Mobil1 for oil and OEM Honda filters... Mobil1 filters are pretty good too.

yeah... i was told fram was one of the better! There equal to or better than a K&N oil filter.. Most people think that because its priced fair it must be a product thats shitty! how do you really know your 12.50 mobil oil filter is really better?

Dude, go to any Napa and they will show you why your Fram filter eats dicks for breakfast. The actual filter element has been known to blow out rather easily.

I use Castrol Syntec full synthetic 5W-30 and Wix filters.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Mar 6 2004, 07:29 AM
Dude, go to any Napa and they will show you why your Fram filter eats dicks for breakfast. The actual filter element has been known to blow out rather easily.

Oil Filter Reviews

Who would have guessed FRAM came in dead last out of 9? So anyways, I use Valvoline 10w-30 with a Purolator filter. It works when your engine is on its last leg at a gajillion miles. :D

well i use 20w 50 Mobil 1 and the Fram X2, but was thinkin about either changin to royal purple or Redline, but i donno.

Back