ok all you electrical geniuses...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sobe_Death

time to stop hiding, this is an emergency situation. I am working on trying to get my ZC running, and i was getting a code 15 for a faulty ignition output signal. i replaced the dizzy with one from a working car. no dice, same shtuff. so i tested both distributors by running a ground to the trigger wire(one of the white wires) and voila, i get spark. on both dizzy's. so here i am, i purchased a new pm6 ecu as this was the only option i could think of, and at first i get no codes, so i try to crank it, and it seems like one or two cylinders tried to fire, but then they all quit. now im getting another code 15. son of a bitch. im going to try switching the white wires, but if that doesnt work then im boned. i ABSOLUTELY NEED this car to be running before May 7. i need it to go to school, and that is quite important to me...

I take it that you are putting this in a DX? Try the white wires, one of them in slightly thicker than the other one. This pic should help you out too.
dx-to-sib.gif

sorry for all that great info Massey, but its an SI harness. i have tried swapping the two white wires for each other to no avail...

crap, now im getting a crank angle sensor code(4).

why would you have to repin it? its plug and play for the si harness to the zc, except for the cylinder poesition sensor.

dmoore
This is the website I used for most of my wiring stuff, I put my zc in a dx, things runs great, I used the dx harness and just added some wires and changed some pins around, you need the resistor box from an si still tho.

actually as far as the ignition was concerned, I didn't have to touch any of the wiring on it. The injectors had to be wired up, tps, and I think the crank angle sensor. Wiring wasn't too hard, I did 90% of changing it when the motor was out of the car.

lol where does he mention that it's a dx car..

my vote is for incomplete information. i need more to go on..

p.s. only time ive ever got ignition output signal, it was a faulty ecu. if you replaced it with another and it still does that, your wiring is definitely fucked somewhere

well, the only thing i havent replaced that could cause it, is the wiring harness.

ok, here is the complete setup.
obd0 DOHC ZC engine.
90SI tranny
1980 Honda civic wagon
90 SI COMPLETE wiring harness
pm6 ecu(new)

i sorted all the mechanical gremlins out and now this is all i have left to keep me from driving it.

yeah, dont run, its all of the wiring from a crx, i didnt want to do any splicing so i just used the whole freaking harness.

Back