ok i found the problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrnice1058

ok i figured out how to do the cel light blink(thanks for everyone who has helped me) i am getting one long blink and four little blinks and that is a code 14 right? which is 14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve correct? now how do i go about trouble shooting this problem? i am using a p28 ecu on a 97 civic with one of those convertion kits i also checked my TPS and at stand still it is at .590 and at full open it is at 4.698 is that good? (i know because i checked it on my vafc) thanks guys

what model civic, what are the circumstances, how's it acting up?

I had a code 14 after my swap, car wouldn't idle by itself, and the engine would burble up and down if revved slowly to about 2500 rpm. Once it was past 2500 rpm or so, it ran strong to redline, but driving around town was a bitch... Turned out I had screwed up one of the wire changes to the new iacv (linear valve). I ran the wire to the ecu plug, but the plug was upside down when I pinned it in, whooops. After i fixed it, it runs fine.

This link should have all the resources you need, click the correct link, depending on which obd of course. by the sounds of your description, it's an obd1 engine in an obd2A chasis, if that's the case, the pinouts (to the conversion harness) for obd2A would be the ones to follow.

http://technet.ff-squad.com/

Originally posted by twisted civic@Oct 18 2004, 05:57 PM
This link should have all the resources you need, click the correct link, depending on which obd of course. by the sounds of your description, it's an obd1 engine in an obd2A chasis, if that's the case, the pinouts (to the conversion harness) for obd2A would be the ones to follow.

[post=404311]Quoted post[/post]​

well i thought that that obd2a-obd1 convertion kit did that for me i didn't have to re-wire that!!(so i was told)

The conversion harness helps, but, if your car was not vtec to start with, you'd still have to add the vtec wiring (to the conversion harness), add knock sensor wiring, modify the iac valve wiring from a 3 wire to a 2 wire.

Basically, the conversion harness plugs into your engine harness (obd1), and re-routes any existing wiring to the correct spot for an obd2 ecu, but, like i said, you still need to add, and modify some of the engine harness wiring.

Originally posted by twisted civic@Oct 18 2004, 04:57 PM

That site streams badass music y0!

Originally posted by twisted civic@Oct 18 2004, 06:43 PM
The conversion harness helps, but, if your car was not vtec to start with, you'd still have to add the vtec wiring (to the conversion harness), add knock sensor wiring, modify the iac valve wiring from a 3 wire to a 2 wire.

Basically, the conversion harness plugs into your engine harness (obd1), and re-routes any existing wiring to the correct spot for an obd2 ecu, but, like i said, you still need to add, and modify some of the engine harness wiring.
[post=404335]Quoted post[/post]​

well i did the vtec wire i know the vtec is working because i hear it and i see it on the vafc also i am not getting any codes about the vtec the knock sensor i thought i didn't need that with a p28 i changed the plug itself from the 3 wire to the 2 wire but i didn't know i had to go down to the wiring harness and switch it around too...helpfull i will do it tomorrow. anything else i should look for while i am at it?

Originally posted by driverunknown+Oct 18 2004, 07:30 PM-->
twisted civic
@Oct 18 2004, 04:57 PM

That site streams badass music y0!
[post=404355]Quoted post[/post]​

i know the intro has music but not that link..lol :bash: :bash:

Originally posted by twisted civic@Oct 18 2004, 07:46 PM
that's the only one I had any problem with so it's the only one I took real notice of.
[post=404372]Quoted post[/post]​

so when you did yours what ecu did you use? and what car was it in?

obd2b P2T ecu, from a 00 Si. swapped into a 00 hatch. As i said, same symptoms as 3 other posts currently in this forum, simple re-pinning of 1 wire fixed it right up.

ok so did you have to do the same thing move that wire over for the code 14 and it was done? being that i am using a obd1 ecu in a obd2 car i was told i didn't have to do that(will not say any names they know who they are) so i listened to them but i guess i should try that it doesn't hurt to do that anything else i should look for?

yeah, I had to repin the iac wiring. The reason for your problem is, the ecu is looking for a signal from a 2 wire linear iac valve, the b16 has a 2 wire linear iac valve, but your harness is geared up for a 3 wire rotary iac, so the ecu is not getting any signal... Just try disconnecting the wires from the back of the iac valve and nothing will change, it's like the iac is not even there. repin it correctly, and the car should run fine.

he has an obd2 engine harness that has the conversion to obd1 to fit the p28. not obd1 harness to obd2 ecu. otherwise he wouldn't need the conversion harness for a p28.

ok so what you are saying is that if an obd2 car is non-vtec and then you add a vtec you have to move that wire no matter what? so being that i am using an obd2a(car)-obd1(ecu) convertion i still need to move that one wire over to look like the one from ffsquad correct?

ok i just came accross something i have an obd2a car that was non vtec and i was shown the ffsquad website
on the wiring for the IACV now i did the two wire plug and i thought that with the obd2a(car) to obd(ecu) convertion kit i didn't have to do the whole moving of the wire does this make any sense or was my information wrong about not having to move the wire? please let me know thanks

Back