OK so I got caught with my pants down!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airgetcha

OK....I bought a darn B16A2 with a hydro. trans. <_< I have a 88 CRX si. Where do I connect my hydro line from my trans.? As I am sure someone has posted comments on this, I can not find them. You can flail me later! :blink:

Thanks

Airgetcha

Your transmission isn't hydraulic, it is cable engagement.

You're going to have to get a different transmission to make it work correctly.

Just get a hydro to cable conversion kit from Hasport. You can order it with your engine mounts. It's simple to hook up, and you don't have to spend more money on an older and weaker B16A1 tranny. A few people here have done this with their GSR motors and have had no problems.

I'm kind of in the same situation.. I've got a B16 already set up OBD0 for my '91 but it's attatched to a hydro clutch tranny for some reason.. I'd really rather use this transmission but are there any other options besides buying another tranny or the Hasport conversion? I already have mounts attatched and the motor was previously in a '91 that was in a pretty serious accident and the driver was hurt so I've never actually talked the owner. I need some ideas. please help :worthy:

you HAVE to buy the hasport conversion or get a new tranny. YOU DONT HAVE ANOTHER OPTION!!!

Cut out the yelling buddy. There is always another option. Actually two in this situation, either converting to hydro (I've seen done but doesn't look like fun) or fabricating a conversion myself as I have some experience in this area not this application but general fabrication / welding. Please don't talk down to people like they're kids especially if you have no idea who they are. I was only looking to speak with someone with experience with this transmission/chassis combo, that's all.

If you knew what you were doing, how did you end up in this situation in the first place eh?

-Ok i'm done. I don't want a fight, its just that what you just said simply reenforced what I 1st said. Converting to hydro is both dumb and hard, and so the only option left is using a converter. 99.99% of the people on this board couldn't make the conerverter for themselves, so that why I said you HAD to get the hasport one. Also, I doubt that you can (based on your "general fabrication/welding" exerience) build one yourself, but I could be wrong.

Back