ok wtf, i cant catch a break

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

ok i figured out how to set the timing on my 93 hatch with a 95 b18b swap. the problem is i dont have the timing cover to line up the orange mark on the crank pulley. i got my hands on a timing light but honestly ive never used one. also i cant get the car to run either. all this bs to help my friend and do his head gasket for him. wtf,

ok can someone help me out with this thought:confused: i had to change the head gasket on this motor because it was leaking. i took the head off and found antifreeze sitting on top of the pistons and oil mixed with the antifreeze around the outside of the pistons. my friend that owns the car said f*&k it and just put the new gasket on neway. i lined up the orange mark on the crank pulley with the mark on the block, and matched up the cam gears with each other, with the up arrows pointing up. i cant get this car to start no matter what i do. i have spark, i have fuel, the firing order is correct. as my friend was crank the engine over i noticed that it is leaking still. can it be that he should of had the head machined and now that i cleaned everything up and put the new gasket on that it actually made things worse than it was? the only thing im thinking can be wrong is that it has no compression? can someone help me please? im getting ready to let some frustration out on this car.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fuel, air, fire, compression, if it's still leaking after a new head gasket, I am beating on compression.

ok thanx. time to tell him to get it machined or get a new head

I would also check to see if the head or block is cracked anywhere. If so then that could be why your still getting fluids mixed where there not suppose to be.

i jus replaaced a hg on a d15b7 wit a mls hg and i did it about 800 miles ago was i suppose to retorque the headbolts because it is losing water some where but idont see it leaking anywhere. and its been losing water since i first replaced it so idk any feed back would be greatly apprecitated.!!
thanks in advance

i jus replaaced a hg on a d15b7 wit a mls hg and i did it about 800 miles ago was i suppose to retorque the headbolts because it is losing water some where but idont see it leaking anywhere. and its been losing water since i first replaced it so idk any feed back would be greatly apprecitated.!!
thanks in advance

create your own thread...no thread jacking!!!

sounds like your not very mechanically inclined, taking it to someone who knows what they're doing probably would have been a better option for you and your friend.

Anyway, buy/rent/borrow a compression tester.

dude he probably has a cracked head most likely. and if it wont start its probably because you dont have enough compression anymore because the rod is bent because of the coolant in the cylinder.

its probably because you dont have enough compression anymore because the rod is bent because of the coolant in the cylinder.

quoted for the lulz

op: pull the head back off if it's leaking and have both head and block checked for straightness. have it checked for cracks and get it machined flat if necessary.

Last edited:
Back