Old man looking for advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the bolt holes to the pwr steering bracket do not puncture into the "wet" part of the block, so its not probable.

oil filter is on the firewall side of the block under the intake.

might be a main seal, but i dont see how the timing belt change could have caused that problem...just plain weird situation youve got.

I think you might have found a good shop though, i cant remember the last time a garage mechanic let me watch them work....cept we let people do it at our shop cause we are realitively small.

Oil leak is fixed!!! Turns out the mechanic who did the timing belt used non-Honda cam and crank seals and they were the problem. The Jap Shop in Boca Raton,Fl took the thing apart and found the problem and used Honda seals and now there is no leak. We are going to change the oil pan gasket next week just for good measure. Thank you for all your responses. Alan

:thumbsup:

I've been following this thread since you started it, but never posted.. I'm glad that you're getting the information you're looking for on our site. Keep up the good work on the car!

as almost every one on here will tell you if you want to keep honda reliablty only use OEM parts for repairs

Back