old school bling

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

muge.jpg

what are these old wheels worth in good shape.

Then depending on the condition, maybe 100/wheel.

they can be mine... i can get them cleaned up and make em

IMHO those wheels are ugly as hell. i dont care if the wheels are made of some super secret metal because to me a set of wheels is what sets a car apart from another car. they define the total appearance of your car.

ugly wheels=ugly car

again, this is strictly my opinion but do what you want.

Those wheels wouldn't fit on an AE86. The Corolla's lug pattern is 114.3 x 4. Besides, positive offset wheels look gay on AE86's anyway.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Feb 2 2005, 08:43 PM
IMHO those wheels are ugly as hell. i dont care if the wheels are made of some super secret metal because to me a set of wheels is what sets a car apart from another car. they define the total appearance of your car.

ugly wheels=ugly car

again, this is strictly my opinion but do what you want.
[post=455472]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :withstupid:

i have seen them in person, they are fuckin ugly

$100 each ? Don't think so.

The Mugen CF48 (I think that's the model, hopefully Airjockie will correct me if I'm wrong) Are beautiful wheels. They look like BBS's only not so lame. The fin pattern catches air and routes it through the middle, then back around the rim. Ingenious wheels, and I ran Air's on my CRX (Which is a beautiful car, cocksucker) and much to my delight the weight and overall appearance of them (Plus the Mugen part AC3s covers) makes the car look like it spawned from the most EVIL car lab in the world..

Calculon: ...working in an automotive research lab. I was working on Project Satan...a savage, intelligent military vehicle built from the most evil parts of the most evil cars in all the world. The steering wheel from Hitler's staff car, the left-turn signal from Charles Manson's VW, the windshield from that car that played Knight Rider.

Leela: Oh no, there's no exhaust pipe!

Project Satan: That's right, thanks to Ed Begley Jr.'s electric motor, the most evil propulsion system ever conceived!

-> Steve

:violin: uhmmm....ok.... :unsure:

here's the scoop...

CF-48's...which are those...are just aluminum...I'm not sure if they are fooordged or cast...but aluminum will suck heat away from the rotor...rotor gets hot from friction...heat travels to nearest part next to it...and whats connected to the rotor.......the wheel. they are finned in that manner for two reasons....to disapate the heat from the rotor, and that means....the heat absorbed thru the wheel, gets quenched. Plus with the neat little cover they havve for them, they cause a slight vaccum when rotated at road speeds, to help add a venting effect to the rotor...just a slight cool breeze....

Ugly...yes.
Funtional.....HELL yes.
lightweight...yes...

The same can be said about every other car on the road that someone mods...wings...on a FWD car, 5 lug rims on a <2000lb car....etc...some is rice, some has a use...and it's not everyones cup of tea...

If you get the rims, at a decent price, tell me the price, and get better pics of them, and you never know...I might want to buy them from you and help put some money in your wallet. I have 13"x5.5 offset 38's right now...I paid about 500 for them, and I have sold 14"X6 for about the same...if I go back to japan...I can get the whole set for $100...and $80 to ship them back here...so they are not that rare over there...but over here...they are.

I am looking for something to put on the civic...... ;)

they may serve their purpose yes but i still like the price for donuts much more!
those would only be for some one who is tracking- not for some one looking to drag no purpose from what airjockey gives us - but wholy shit i got my 18' racing hart c5 3 piece for 600 used those are hella used and 500? i wouldnt give a dime over 50 bucks a rim imo- they could be warped from heat/age -and they surly look like they have some crap tires which will need to be replaced!

Back