Old School CB350 quits...electrical maybe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cgguy09

Hello,
I have a 1971 CB350 K3, it was running perfectly, no issues what so ever. Then while riding it died suddenly, the head light went out, the blinker that was on went out and the neutral light on the tac went out. I pushed it to safety & luckily didn't get hit, I messed with the ignition, but I couldn't get the bike to respond to anything. I have moved the key in & out of the on position without any positive results, the battery still has power. I've restored the engine & rebuilt the carbs on the bike, but I haven't touched the spaghetti that is the electric system. I'll take any advice, because at this point I don't even know where to look. Thanks!

v/r,
Colin

Alright, so I did a little work on it. I happened to have another battery and I put it in, again when I turn the key I get no current, I also checked the previous battery, it still had juice in it.
To Clarify went I turn the key, nothing happens, nothing lights up & nothing happens. Thanks!!

v/r,
Colin

maybe a bad switch? check to see if you are getting battery voltage at the switch, then see if you have power coming out...

check your battery connections, check for blown fuses
trace the wires off the battery and make sure you have good ground, and the power is actually going somewhere, and keep tracing the wires until you find where the power stops

Back